Not Smoking...

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Unprecedented business decision by CVS
Hundreds of millions in annual revenue sacrificed for communities long-term health

Very respectful move!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

brownl

Newly Enlightened
You are great, guy. Come on! Smokeing is bad not only for others but for yourself. Hope there are less and less smoker. :p

Isabella80

Newly Enlightened
Good for you! Allen Carr's book didn't help me back those days but I managed to quit because of the relationship I used to have. My partner couldn't stand smokers and I quit because I cared. I started again after the breakup and I can't find a motivation that would be strong enough for me to come through this hell again. I'm truly sick of smoking though but 2-3 hours without a cigarette feel torturous. I was thinking about e-cigs. Has anyone tried them?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Heard from a guy who sells e-cigs yesterday, he noted that most smokers who have smoked for years who "just try out" e-cigs will stop smoking within about a month.

raptechnician

Newly Enlightened
Bump.
Thanks for all the support from you guys I was able to stay quit and have just celebrated 1 full year of no smoking. It feels great! Thanks to everybody. Recently I have converted to a strictly vegetable juice and raw natural food diet and have cleared my psoriasis that has been stubborn for 25 years. It has gone from bad to gone in 2 months...What a blessing. Another very important thing is the fish oil supplement that I've been taking (Not the capsules...don't buy those). Its amazing and better than anything you could put in your body.

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
Oh my goodness...OP that is AWESOME!!! I started reading this thread and realized it was started last year. So I moved forward to see how the OP is doing today and I'm so happy to read he recently celebrated 1 year of not smoking. I've heard so many horror stories of people trying to quit regardless of the method and them failing so good job to you. I love hearing success stories. Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated on your success! :twothumbs

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting comments on the ecigs helping people to quit. I haven't drank alcohol for several years now and am pretty much ok with it but what I miss most is beer. I don't dare try a non-alcoholic beer though as I'm afraid it will just put the taste and sensation back in my mouth and make me want to start drinking again.

Full Power

Newly Enlightened
Interesting comments on the ecigs helping people to quit. I haven't drank alcohol for several years now and am pretty much ok with it but what I miss most is beer. I don't dare try a non-alcoholic beer though as I'm afraid it will just put the taste and sensation back in my mouth and make me want to start drinking again.

I can relate to that; haven't drank alcohol for 20+ yrs now, I think it's over 20yrs for smokes too.. ..along w/ a few other things.!!
Cheers,
Full Power

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Peace Train

Enlightened
Re: Smoking

Wow, congratulations! I know how hard it is to change a behavior or get out of a rut, and it starts with a mindset. Thanks for the inspiration, you're clearly holding all the cards.

So now the question is, what else can you do that everyone else has told you is just too hard and can't be done..

I think what StarHalo said can apply to all of us in one way or another.

Peace Train

Enlightened
Another very important thing is the fish oil supplement that I've been taking (Not the capsules...don't buy those). Its amazing and better than anything you could put in your body.

Which brand do you recommend? And what else is there besides capsule?

Big Elf

Newly Enlightened
I gave up in November 2012 after smoking for 42 years. I smoked a pipe for probably 30-35 years of that and calculated I was smoking the equivalent of around 60 a day. When I smoked cigarettes I was smoking 60 a day at 18.

I was sort of 'incentivised' to stop after suddenly finding myself struggling to breathe following a bout of bronchitis and ending up in hospital. I've been diagnosed with emphysema or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) as it's now known which is alleviated by inhalers.

I'd already been thinking about trying e-cigs to help me stop but found it relatively easy and used nicotine patches for around 6 weeks to help. I'd lost my job a few years earlier due to ill health so it was probably easier to stop than it would have been had I still been working. I was still coughing up the 'sludge' until quite recently but it finally seems to have stopped and although my lungs have improved slightly I still need medication on a daily basis and poor air quality can set me back.

sassaquin

Enlightened
Bump.
Thanks for all the support from you guys I was able to stay quit and have just celebrated 1 full year of no smoking. It feels great! Thanks to everybody. Recently I have converted to a strictly vegetable juice and raw natural food diet and have cleared my psoriasis that has been stubborn for 25 years. It has gone from bad to gone in 2 months...What a blessing. Another very important thing is the fish oil supplement that I've been taking (Not the capsules...don't buy those). Its amazing and better than anything you could put in your body.

Well done raptechnician! :thumbsup:
Stay strong and keep up the good work.