Nuwai 0.5w 1AAA (TM-310H)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone compared these 2 models to the TM-317 (1xAA with a high and low power mode)? Any deals on the TM-317?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
still having too much time.....

The comparison above of 2X Nuwai TM-310H 0.5w 1AAA lights vs. The Fenix L1 - shows that 2 of these lights combined are not as bright as the Fenix 1watt.

Getting some extra Nuwai TM-310H for gifts gave me the rare occassion when I had more than 2 of any light - and I just wondered if 3 of these lights might match a good 1watt?

3X Nuwai TM-310H vs. Fenix L1 v2.5 (Non-Premium)
3xNuwai05w1AAA_FenixL1.jpg
3xNuwai05w1AAA_FenixL1_2U.jpg

...reasonably close - the strange crescent cutout in the side-spill to ward the outer left edge is due to me simply putting 3 of the 0.5watt Nuwais together and angling them so that the hotspots were "coinicident" - the beams were partially blocked in their outer periphery by the bezel of the adjacent light.

win67

Newly Enlightened
win67 said:
Have one 0.5 Watt AAA from Nuwai and it is for the trashbin because the switch doesn't make good contact, the light flickers, have been trying everything - now trashbin (ok that's not true comes in deepest shelf, maybe sometimes doing some modding...)

==> was bad contact between body and bezel, screwed off (the loctite easily cracked), cleaned, screwed on , repaired!

MScottz

Newly Enlightened
I bought one, just don't let it go through the wahing machine. I left mine in my pants pocket and it didn't survive.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Hondo said:
As for the Dorcy 1AAA comparison, I had the same experience when I got my two Nuwai 310's from Amondotech. Then I got my first Nichia CS's from Grumpy. Now I would say the modded Dorcy is about the same overall output, with much warmer color, but without the concentrated hotspot of the Nuwai.

Exactly my observation. The Nuwai is smaller though. If you're into throw though, the Nuwai really does a better job. I tend to use my single AAA lights in close quarters so a flood typically works better. The recessed push button on the Nuwai is also harder to accidentally press, but also harder to press.