Perfect Mag Reflector: Cammed Version?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:
I'm currently trying to track down a non-diffusing impact-resistant lens material used to make combat helicopter canopies. The optical performance should be on par with the UCL, with impact resistance and optical performance superior to polycarbonate. Wish me luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Luck!

Sound like this is the holy grail of Flashlight lens!

99% light transmittance, and impact resitance too!

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Currently the UCL seems like the best clear lens, though is glass. I'm currently trying to track down a non-diffusing impact-resistant lens material used to make combat helicopter canopies. The optical performance should be on par with the UCL, with impact resistance and optical performance superior to polycarbonate. Wish me luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
Woohoo! optokoyama, choptokoyama!

(luck is wished)

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JHanko said: Do you know if this cammed reflector will fit the Magcharger? If so, I'll take one.

[/ QUOTE ]
The MagCharger uses a different reflector. I don't know if the dimensions are similar. Would it be possible to send a picture of a MagCharger reflector and some dimensions?

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you post a picture of of the Mag at wide focus with the stock bulb?

Thanks,

-john

Otokoyama

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
John N said: Could you post a picture of the Mag at wide focus with the stock bulb?

[/ QUOTE ]All you'd see is a fuzzy doughnut. This reflector is not diffuse enough to fill in the doughnut hole.
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said: how many people does it take to make this order possible. And what are the break points in price???

[/ QUOTE ]One is enough to make the order possible, if the price is right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The previous run was for 49 units and Carley gave no price break. I don't know exactly where Carley's price break points are.

This weekend I'll work up a few engineering diagrams with various options, submit them to Carley for quotes, then I'll pick the one that seems a suitable compromise between what Carley can do and what I can do such that CPFers get a decent value.

For example, if a fully custom model with an integral cam costs too much, I might go with a stock reflector, make cams myself, and hold them in place with a set screw. The performance will be identical, but instead of paying Carley it then requires more of my time.

I want to cut the contour that makes the reflectors fit the Mag C/D heads myself to personally ensure that every single one fits well.

I'll total up the numbers on Sunday night after CPFers get a full weekend to see this tentative offer (and to hopefully hear reports on the camless version) and determine the quantity from that.

soloco

Enlightened
Oto~
It sounds like a great idea for Carley to do a custom run of reflectors for us flashaholics. I'm in for at least 2. Want me to bug some contacts that I have there?
soloco

Larry1582

Enlightened
I want one of the cammed orange peel reflectors! Maybe two, depending on the final price.