PF20! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Stan671

Enlightened
I'll bring my two new tiny working engines, one is Stirling Engine and the other is internal combustion. And I will bring my old reliable steam engine with generator and light (so it is appropriate for the theme of the fest).

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have real night vision? I want to try the hellfighter with IR filter using real night vision. I will bring my toy NODS but they are just CCDs with no IR hot mirror.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have real night vision? I want to try the hellfighter with IR filter using real night vision. I will bring my toy NODS but they are just CCDs with no IR hot mirror.

Not sure how real my night vision is, but I'll bring mine if I can remember. ALS heifer is starting to set in on me.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the wife and I are going to be there dependent upon my flying schedule. I may or may not be on a trip that returns that day. If the trip cancels (which it may considering current Air Force funding), then we will definitely make the drive.
We are in eastern NC so its an easy 8 hour drive.

The only really exciting stuff I have is TGWNN's entire lineup of lights. MBI HFs in every shape and color.
Im most looking forward to seeing Dave's lights in person!

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the wife and I are going to be there dependent upon my flying schedule. I may or may not be on a trip that returns that day. If the trip cancels (which it may considering current Air Force funding), then we will definitely make the drive.
We are in eastern NC so its an easy 8 hour drive.

The only really exciting stuff I have is TGWNN's entire lineup of lights. MBI HFs in every shape and color.
Im most looking forward to seeing Dave's lights in person!

This is going to be a really great PF. I am getting so excited. climberkid, can not wait to see the no name stuff. Bring Frank and Kate too? :thumbsup:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
If I can, I'll bring a FLIR from work too, for the other side of night vision (Passive vs illuminated).

I should have a range of HID's, including a Polarion Abyss and PH50, Magic Scorpion, RYOBI/Q-Beam/Stanley, Possibly a Firefoxes IV. For the longer range LEDs maybe dedomed SR90, Fenix TK70, VPT II, OMG TN31mb/Stock TN31 and possibly a DEFT-X, some flooders like TM11, SR King, TN30, V54's Raging, etc, and some P60-ish stuff with and w/o mods, like Armytek Predator, Eagletac, Klarus, SF, some Nichia 219 vs Hi CRI XM-L2's, Over Ready/Nailbender, etc.

If someone wants to see something in particular, let me know.

:D

What I'd LOVE to do is to take advantage of the group, and do a bunch of beam shots AT a light meter....I have a NIST one I can field carry, and it would be nice to have a set of pics that compare the Lux with the way it looks, etc.

Stan671

Enlightened
What is the status of the Tank Light? What does it need to get running, just batteries? What kind of batteries (two of 12 volt deep discharge, I suppose)? What kind of terminals on the batteries?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the status of the Tank Light? What does it need to get running, just batteries? What kind of batteries (two of 12 volt deep discharge, I suppose)? What kind of terminals on the batteries?

Hi Stan, tank light is safely tucked away in my garage. It's in good working order except for the lack of power source. Ideally, it wants to run on a pair of deep discharge 12V batteries, but I'd imagine any stout pair of 12V lead acid batteries ought to do. Not sure about the terminals (will check next time I'm out there) though I ought to be able to make a connection to just about anything given some minor creativity.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hi Stan, tank light is safely tucked away in my garage. It's in good working order except for the lack of power source. Ideally, it wants to run on a pair of deep discharge 12V batteries, but I'd imagine any stout pair of 12V lead acid batteries ought to do. Not sure about the terminals (will check next time I'm out there) though I ought to be able to make a connection to just about anything given some minor creativity.

Jumper cables typically do the trick.

If you have a set to connect the batteries, and a set to connect to the light, you should be good to go.

:D

Stan671

Enlightened
Ok, Milky. I would imagine screw terminals on the two 12 volt deep discharge batteries would offer the most options and I think that is how Data original set it up. I will see if I can get my hands on a pair.

Last edited: