Prepared for the Snowstorm?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
binky said:
...I'll simply don my bike helmet with HID light...

[/ QUOTE ]

Binky,

Are the batteries in a belt pack? Could you describe please.

Brightnorm

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was 82 the snowplow year where the guy snowplowed or blowed a spot for the Patriots to kick the winning field goal against Miami? No, it won't be a blow out if weather is such. The winning team will not score 20 points.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're looking at 1 foot of snow here. There are blizzard warnings issued for tomorrow.

I think I'm ready and loaded for bear:

Freelander3-sm.jpg

My Hippo...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im looking for ricky to run thru them patriots.he is looking better last week..i say he will be a key of the game

Bill.H

Enlightened
Hate to break this to ya, Raggie, but if the 11:00 news is correct, the Pats are having frozen fish for dinner on Sunday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can ricky run in snow up to his knees?

Disclaimer: I'm not a Dolphin or a Pats fan, I just love these horrendous weather games. I wish they would play baseball in them too!

I'm pretty sure that snowy Pats-Fish game was in '82. Did u know the guy driving the snowbrush was a prisoner on work release? He got in trouble for reporting back late but they saw him on TV so they let it slide.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol . well i guess i have to just hope for a wild card bid now..i love watching snow games to.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 7 to 11 inches predicted the blizzard would bring here, has increased, to a *possible* 30 inches.

what in the name of weather is going on here?!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The weather outside is frightful; this just in from the US National Weather Service:

URGENT - Winter Weather Message ...

1231 PM EST Sat Dec 6 2003

- New Haven County, CT -

BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING

Periods Of Snow Will Continue Throughout The Afternoon And Into The Evening Hours. Bands Of Heavier Snow Are Expected To Move Through The Region From Time To Time...And Are Capable Of Producing Snowfall Rates Of 1 To 2 Inches Per Hour. An Additional 8 To 12 Inches Of Snow Are Possible Before The Snow Winds Down Later Tonight.

North To Northeast Winds Will Average 20 To 30 Mph And Gust To As High As 45 Mph At Times. This Will Cause Considerable Blowing And Drifting Of Snow...And Occasionally Reduce Visibilities To 1/4 Mile Or Less. Travel Will Be Difficult This Afternoon And Evening...So Allow Extra Travel Time If You Must Travel.

A Blizzard Warning Is Issued When Sustained Wind Speeds Or Frequent Gusts Of Over 35 Mph Are Expected With Considerable Falling And/Or Blowing And Drifting Snow. Visibilities Will Become Poor, With Whiteout Conditions At Times. Those Venturing Outdoors May Become Lost Or Disoriented, So Persons In The Warning Area Are Advised To Stay Indoors.

Any Travel Is Strongly Discouraged.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
rofl there is no way n hell id move there its 40 here today and i hate it. i hate the cold i love 80 degree days and sunshine and bikinis

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please feel free to send some of that lovely white stuff over here! We don`t get nearly enough of it, usually south-west British winters are damp, mild and grey....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
rofl there is no way n hell id move there its 40 here today and i hate it. i hate the cold i love 80 degree days and sunshine and bikinis

[/ QUOTE ]
you'd have a blast snowmobiling, guaranteed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess Mansfield, Ohio lucked out on this one, with around 5.2 inches of snow.

I remember the Blizzard of January 26 - 28, 1978, all too well. The Eye of the storm passed over Mansfield, with Low pressure well into hurricane parameters. In fact, it was a hurricane that couldn't be called one for technical reasons (overland in the winter). It was NOT a noreaster that went up the east coast!!! Sustained winds were at the low end of Category 1. The actual storm was preceded by 18 hours or so of freezing rain.

That weekend was supposed to be the Simulated Emergency Test (yeah, RIGHT!). It was the last year the SET was scheduled in January.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I guess I'm too close to the relatively warm ocean. We got some snow overnight then just white slush all day and still this evening.

Brightnorm: I use the Light&Motion HID bike lights. The helmet light has a nice, flat battery pack that I can slip into a jacket pocket and it lasts for 3+ hrs. (!!) Needless to say I'm very happy with it.

Crusty

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
I guess Mansfield, Ohio lucked out on this one, with around 5.2 inches of snow.

I remember the Blizzard of January 26 - 28, 1978, all too well. The Eye of the storm passed over Mansfield, with Low pressure well into hurricane parameters. In fact, it was a hurricane that couldn't be called one for technical reasons (overland in the winter). It was NOT a noreaster that went up the east coast!!! Sustained winds were at the low end of Category 1. The actual storm was preceded by 18 hours or so of freezing rain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was living 3 miles south of Wooster at that time. We had no electricity for almost 2 weeks. Water lines broke, toilet broke, even canned food in the cupboard froze and broke. We sat there for 2 days 'till a National Guard unit rescued us. Talk about cold!

Crusty

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crusty, I went to the college at Wooster. You were 3 miles South of The Middle of Nowhere! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[edit]lessee, 3 miles puts you smack dab in the middle of the Ohio State agricultural park.