Ra Twisty (HDS Systems) - Part 2

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Re: Ra Twisty part 2

I'm confused. Mine is green in side too. I also have red at the first stage. 120Tr. Sn 0184. Any help? thanks
Jeff

What does the white sticker on the Zip-loc bag say? I know that I ordered from batterystation, and there was a white sticker on the bag that states the model. The PCB in my 85tr is not color coded.
firstopening.jpg

paxxus

Enlightened

I think it depends on the serial. My 100-Tr #0198 has no markings on the PCB, but the plastic bag had a round red sticker with "100" written on it.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened

I think it depends on the serial. My 100-Tr #0198 has no markings on the PCB, but the plastic bag had a round red sticker with "100" written on it.

I think serials will have less to do with it as time goes on...

Henry said, "Although we put effort into shipping early serial numbers in sequence, as the serial numbers get larger, there is less incentive to keep the bezels sorted - keeping the lights going out in strict serial number order slows the production process considerably. However, we try to ship all serial numbers from earlier batches before shipping serial numbers from later batches."

Which means to me (I reserve the right to be wrong) that because the bezels are not model specific to the electronics of the light, it becomes "luck of the draw" for those random Twisties with better than average LED performance to also have lower serials AND color coding.

I think the color coding designations took a few torches to become formalized as part of production; we don't know if HDS Systems were the ones who put the sticker on the bags, or if they just put the splotch on the PCB and left the packaging sticker to the vendor..

In time we should know better, because as Thermal Guy said - It could lead to confusion with some people who try to sell or buy Twisties from one another in the future...

pete55555

Newly Enlightened

I just got mine last week (ser#0633), the plastic bag has a "100" sticker on it and it has the yellow mark on the inside.

tricker

Enlightened

serial seems to have nothing to do with it....i got a 120 with sn:231.....the next closest is 620

Russki

Enlightened

Henry can you give us update on 18650 tubes for Ra-Twisty.
Thanks.
:takeit:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I did a runtime test with my 2XAA tube and a b42. 2HR's 15MIN with duracell2000mAh precharged. That was just to the first step down.Can't wait to see how long 2XAA will last in the twisty:thumbsup:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will never get rid of my twisty's but i see the resale of theses being very confusing:thinking:

I agree. Nothing like the the good old markings on the side of HDS EDC models to avoid confusion. To really be able to keep track of things each one of us is going to have to document our own serial number and model it corresponds to. An original receipt from BS will probably be helpful in proving documentation for resale. To make matters worse it seems that not even Ra is keeping track of which light is which model based on serial number. I asked Henry if there was a master list they had that would show this and he said no. My only other thought was maybe to have the tailcap engraved but that would not be beneficial since the bodies can be easily switched from light to light.
:thinking:

tricker

Enlightened

I agree. Nothing like the the good old markings on the side of HDS EDC models to avoid confusion. To really be able to keep track of things each one of us is going to have to document our own serial number and model it corresponds to. An original receipt from BS will probably be helpful in proving documentation for resale. To make matters worse it seems that not even Ra is keeping track of which light is which model based on serial number. I asked Henry if there was a master list they had that would show this and he said no. My only other thought was maybe to have the tailcap engraved but that would not be beneficial since the bodies can be easily switched from light to light.
:thinking:

did you not see the color codes?

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I did see the color codes. However, as has already been mentioned in this thread the early models were not marked and some of the later ones have been improperly labeled or are hard to distinguish. I bought and paid for a Ra-100-Tr that was not labeled and as it turns out was actually an Ra-85-Tr that had been mispackaged.

tricker

Enlightened

i just thought you meant it was a problem now, but theirs already a remedy so Henry is back on track.....but if i where you i would be quite angry and understand your frustration......but i do look the non-descipt look of the ra compared to the hds

Latest posts