Ra Twisty (HDS Systems) - Part 2

Tronic

Newly Enlightened
Re: Ra Twisty part 2

My 100Tr don't have the color coding on the PCB. But the bag have a red sticker with 100 written on it.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tronic,

Mine also was not labeled and I thought it perhaps they just forgot to label it. Luckily I sent it in to have the spacing between the levels adjusted and was told by Henry that the reason it was not labeled is because it was an Ra-85-Tr and not a Ra-100-Tr. Apparently it had gotten mispackaged because my packaging was clearly labeled 100. I am not saying this is the case with yours but just wanted you to know my experience.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

i just thought you meant it was a problem now, but theirs already a remedy so Henry is back on track.....but if i where you i would be quite angry and understand your frustration......but i do look the non-descipt look of the ra compared to the hds

What Tronic just mentioned is exactly what I am talking about.

wrencher

Newly Enlightened

First off I have no intension of selling my 100Tr. If that is what it is. As i have no light meter to test it and compairing it to other lights, well i can't tell the differance between 85 - 120 lumen there isn't that much differance. It dosen't bother me enough to send in to have it checked. Exept for the price differance. This is not ment to knock Henry or RA in any way. It would be nice if the bezal had the model ingraved on it. Hopfully the Clickity, when it comes out, yes I will buy one, will have the model on it.

Jeff

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened

First off I have no intension of selling my 100Tr. If that is what it is. As i have no light meter to test it and compairing it to other lights, well i can't tell the differance between 85 - 120 lumen there isn't that much differance. It dosen't bother me enough to send in to have it checked. Exept for the price differance. This is not ment to knock Henry or RA in any way. It would be nice if the bezal had the model ingraved on it. Hopfully the Clickity, when it comes out, yes I will buy one, will have the model on it.

Jeff

It would certainly be an improvement to have the model number engraved somewhere permanent on the light, but that may not be practical at this point. If HDS had engraved 70-TR Twisties as such, then found them to actually be capable of 85lm (or 100's as 120's) they would have had to strip all the bezels off and get new engraving. It may not have been many, but still a hassle.

I think the easiest and quickest way of solving this problem would be to use a high-adhesive printed label, much like that of Milkyspit, and wrap it around the bezel, over the engraving but with the info on the opposite side so that it wasn't obstructing view of the name and serial #. It'd be best if done directly after calibration, so that there couldn't be any confusion down the line.

Surely, it may peel and come off after use, but hopefully by then the user would remove it and store it somewhere for later verification if they indeed sold their torch.

That's just my lumen on the matter though.. I'd say that HDS has had plenty of experience, and will produce the torches how they see fit.

Last edited:

5.0Trunk

Enlightened

I just ordered a 100T today from BS. I can't wait to get it. Does anyone know how fast BS ships?

Thanks

paxxus

Enlightened

Reading about the NiteCore EX10 I was a little puzzled about the stated 0.2mA typical current draw when off - seems quite high to me. So, out of curiosity I just now measured the idle current when off in my 100Tr and my reading was 0.006mA - that's more like it :D

When I get the Clicky my Twisty will most likely serve at back-up light so it's important that it doesn't drain itself quickly. A drained battery after just one year storage, as seems to be the case for the EX10, would be unacceptable for me.

Anyone else tried measuring the current when off?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

:bump: For any updates on the 18650 body. I definitely need a Ra.

houtex

Enlightened

Allow me to introduce.....http://www.customlightfactory.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=847
skzz0x.jpg

dixemon

Enlightened

Sweet! Now that looks like it fits nicley in the hand. I cant wait to pull the trigger.