Saabluster's R&D

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update.

Postimage.org works VERY well for me. Been using it about 1 year. FREE, Very fast and NO freezing or sluggishness.

Photobucket became useless. Took forever to upload/down load pics. and would constantly freeze.

Thanks. I'm just wary at this point of using any free service. Expect them to pull a Photobucket at some point.

Capolini

Banned
Thanks. I'm just wary at this point of using any free service. Expect them to pull a Photobucket at some point.

Last thought on this. Is it because you had so many pics and that is when they decide to charge you?

I still have dozens of photos on here from Photobucket and they are all still posted.

Enderman

Enlightened
There are chrome and firefox extensions which fix all the photobucket images.
Unfortunately that only fixes it for you, other people who want to view the images will need to also use these extensions.

If you want an alternative image hosting site you should use imgur because unlike all other hosting services, it actually has a community of several million users that browse the ad-supported site.
This gives the site far more revenue than other hosting services which don't have many people going to the actual website and viewing ads.
This is why photobucket is doing that, not enough people go to the actual website, they just link images.
Imgur also has lossless compression if you enable it in the options, so you get full image quality, and on top of that images don't get removed over time like on some sites.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are chrome and firefox extensions which fix all the photobucket images.
Unfortunately that only fixes it for you, other people who want to view the images will need to also use these extensions.

If you want an alternative image hosting site you should use imgur because unlike all other hosting services, it actually has a community of several million users that browse the ad-supported site.
This gives the site far more revenue than other hosting services which don't have many people going to the actual website and viewing ads.
This is why photobucket is doing that, not enough people go to the actual website, they just link images.
Imgur also has lossless compression if you enable it in the options, so you get full image quality, and on top of that images don't get removed over time like on some sites.
Thanks Enderman.

I thought about posting a redacted version of my test notes but decided to just provide an update to my earlier post. Hope this is not seen as a tease but rather encouragement for the community on the possibilities that lie ahead. Work on the XHP35 phosphor has now yielded a 9.7% increase over stock at 2.7A. That combined with thermal enhancements gives about a 3 bin upgrade.
:rock: