Sad news

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Insane. As the father of daughters, I can't fathom the effects something like this could result in. Mindless, world-devouring rage probably comes pretty close though.

Wilkey

lightcycle1

Enlightened
What is deserved here.

"Stand by the drain please. Don't turn around."

From the ending of Citizen X

With cases like this I have no problem with the death penalty and a speedy execution.
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
This sort of thing defies comprehension. I don't know what to say either. Sympathy from me, who has never had to deal with anything remotely like that, seems meaningless.

I will point out, though, that while I agree the perpetrator deserves a swift death, it is important to very thoroughly ensure that the person accused of the crime is actually the perpetrator before killing them.

Last edited:

JacobJones

Enlightened
But don't take too long ensuring that a person is guilty, keeping an innocent locked up for years is far crueler than killing him erroneously.

fredx

Newly Enlightened
I scratch my head and wonder, what sort of people could carry out such a horrific deed. My heart goes out to the poor girls family, her parents in particular.

Norm

The heart of man is desperately wicked and evil above all things , who can know it??

RTR882

Newly Enlightened
Let's hope "what goes around comes around"! Sorry to hear about this senseless murder. Makes you hug your kids tighter.
Bob

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened
That is horrible. I have a niece a little younger than that, and I'd don't know what I would do in a similar situation. I wish your friend's bro/sis find justice. Do you have any details, like where and how this happened? Did they find the *******?

Capolini

Banned
So sorry to hear that! Prayers for the family.

I do not know how I would react if that was one of my kids.

First instinct is to retaliate. They would be "swimming with the fish" and I could be going to jail!

It brought back some sad memories. My Niece was 9 when she got raped. Thank God she survived. However the scars can remain a lifetime.

fyrstormer

Banned
But don't take too long ensuring that a person is guilty, keeping an innocent locked up for years is far crueler than killing him erroneously.
Killing someone who doesn't deserve death is called "murder". You don't want to advocate in favor of murder, especially not in this thread. The only thing worse than the murder of one person is the murder of multiple people.

Last edited:

JacobJones

Enlightened
I do not condone the murder of innocent people. Keeping an innocent incarcerated for years is unacceptable, releasing a potential criminal on the world is also unacceptable. What do you propose would be done with the accused until such a time that their guilt/innocence is proven (which may never happen)?

Sadly a fast, painless execution appears to be the only acceptable option if there is reasonable certainty of a persons guilt.