• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SC600vn - Best 18650 Light Ever

ven

Flashaholic
They may be mad, but then again, how many extra will they sell now from, potential customers knowing what goes into their lights...........only positive imho.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
They may be mad, but then again, how many extra will they sell now from, potential customers knowing what goes into their lights...........only positive imho.

I believe vinh's modded a few AT lights as well. Curious what AT actually put into them...

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight's product advertising could never match what 'ven' has provided as informed first hand information.

The best product promotion is providing an excellent product.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The guts are quite impressive, thanks for sharing. It boosts my confidence in Zebralight to see that attention to detail that few would ever know about or see.

recDNA

Flashaholic
So now that you figured out how to crack it open... How about a HI CRI Nichia 219b in a sc32w?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keeping the stock driver?
i wonder how much lumen increase are we gonna see over the stock xml2?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Keeping the stock driver?
i wonder how much lumen increase are we gonna see over the stock xml2?
If you're referring to my post above yours I would expect lower max output. Would just like a HI CRI Zebralight. I have no idea if the vf of the nichia vs xm-l2 would allow a simple swap.

Saul Good

Enlightened
On this particular light I would imagine we'd be limited to XHP-35 emitters. It appears the E. switch, driver, and LED are all integrated onto the same MCPCB. And don't forget that's a 12V LED!

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modding... a ZebraLight? Nothing is sacred. But since you've gone this far, the only thing I might want to change is the host, to something more luxurious. Please include a price for a brain swap.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
INCREDIBLE!!!

Hey Vinh - any chance of opening up one of the headlamps with whatever yer secret method is?!?

I'd pay well for an emitter swap in my H600W for something a bit warmer/HiCRI ish.

Also, since it's PID controlled anyways maybe an XHP50 12v would be ok if it fits the reflector opening....

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Vihn, I have 5 of these on hand if you need some quick. The wait time on these is ridonkulous.

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
popping off the glass is the super easy part ;)

what i'm figuring out is how to reflow a new LED without dropping all the components on the underside of the mcpcb

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
popping off the glass is the super easy part ;)

what i'm figuring out is how to reflow a new LED without dropping all the components on the underside of the mcpcb

How about re-sealing it to be water-tight?
I'm dying for a slightly warmer or higher CRI emitter in my H600W...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK so XHP35 HI gets a bit more throw but noticeably less lumen. Not the way to go. However I got better news. ;-)