• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SC600vn - Best 18650 Light Ever

markr6

Flashaholic
Hi CRI would hook me. I actually like 4500 - 5500k

The upcoming SC600Fd III Plus sounds like a winner at 93CRI/5000K. But I'm a little worried about it being a floody light...could end up being too floody. We'll see.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upcoming SC600Fd III Plus sounds like a winner at 93CRI/5000K. But I'm a little worried about it being a floody light...could end up being too floody. We'll see.

I would like it floody with that amount of lumens, CCT, and CRI. It would be like a wash of sunlight :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
It will be for sure however nothing else pocketable producing such hi cri along with high output on a single 18650 except for custom jobs. These will sell out fast imo. I hope someone will let me know when a dealer has them. I do not buy direct from ZL.

rejsr

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, and it uses an XHP50 emitter!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing I put in makes any worthy upgrade. Sorry guys...

How about a triple XPL HI. You'd need to make a stand for the 20mm star above the stock driver, but there should be plenty of room. If you wire the emitters in series you can probably connect the new triple directly to the bond pads on the stock 12v driver.

Alternately, how about ditching the stock driver and replacing it with a FET driver and quad XPL-HI. Would take a lot of work as you'd need to make a heatsink and stand for the new emitters, but I think there would be sufficient room inside the light. Would be pretty sweet having a 4,000 lumen SC600 ... even if you can only run it for 30 seconds before your hand catches on fire.

Zeet

Newly Enlightened
It will be for sure however nothing else pocketable producing such hi cri along with high output on a single 18650 except for custom jobs. These will sell out fast imo. I hope someone will let me know when a dealer has them. I do not buy direct from ZL.

Why do you avoid buying from Zebralight?

Saul Good

Enlightened
Yeah ZL is usually off their ETA by months if the product is not in stock. They are pretty quick if they have it in stock, though.

Zeet

Newly Enlightened
After reading Vinh's high remarks about the SC600, I'm tempted to get one. ZL seems to have the neutral in stock, but the cool-white is b/o'd. I have an SC5 neutral that I like, but I wonder how the XP35 presents itself. Any ideas?

markr6

Flashaholic
After reading Vinh's high remarks about the SC600, I'm tempted to get one. ZL seems to have the neutral in stock, but the cool-white is b/o'd. I have an SC5 neutral that I like, but I wonder how the XP35 presents itself. Any ideas?

Here's my take:

Neutral 4500K: very nice neutral on high modes. A little too warm/dingy looking on medium, but not horrible.
Cool 5700K: Perfect PURE WHITE on high. Too bluish for me on medium. But again, not horrible.

I wish all neutrals were like my SC600wII or SC5w OP - they are neither cool nor warm. I would say 5000K with no real tint whatsoever.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance of squeezing a 5000K 96CRI 3A XHP70 in one of these Vinh? Its 12V and the reflector could be shaved down to enlarge the emitter opening if needed. This would be the ultimate Zebralight I think if possible. They would sell like hotcakes I bet.

Last edited: