• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SC600vn - Best 18650 Light Ever

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only other thing can either be dedomed xml2 or maybe dedomed xpl.
I've seen dedomed xml2's reaching 1500 lumens in the past....

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK so XHP35 HI gets a bit more throw but noticeably less lumen. Not the way to go. However I got better news. ;-)
I agree with this evaluation about the stock SC600 Mklll with standard XHP35. The head size limits the SC600 for being a good Throw Flashlight. :thumbsup:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
But XP-L and XM-L2 wouldn't work with the 12v driver, right? Unless maybe a triple or quad XP-L HI?

Oops. You might be right. A triple sounds nice but then again it will be all lumens and no throw. Not sure if that's much better than the stock xhp 35?

A.marquardt

Enlightened
The MK III is a pretty impressive light, but it's definitely not an order of magnitude greater than the MK 2. I really wonder why they bothered going the xhp 35 route. All it netted was a hundred lumen and .2 hour longer runtime. The build quality is quite an improvement tho, with the gold plated spring loaded buttons for contacts being totally premium. I just wish that there was some way to bypass the 1100 lumen limit imposed by the driver, and run the LED at it's rated 1800 lumen. Would have to disable the PID controller to run for any length of time... just some rambling thoughts. Need to pick the brains of a electrical guru to figure out how to up the amperage. Of course then you'd be running into heat issues, but the 1800 lumen would rock pretty hard.

Last edited:

wcoastjosh

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I just read through this entire thread from the beginning, my excitement building all the way through to the end . . . Thanks for trying Vinh!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MK III is a pretty impressive light, but it's definitely not an order of magnitude greater than the MK 2. I really wonder why they bothered going the xhp 35 route. All it netted was a hundred lumen and .2 hour longer runtime. The build quality is quite an improvement tho, with the gold plated spring loaded buttons for contacts being totally premium. I just wish that there was some way to bypass the 1100 lumen limit imposed by the driver, and run the LED at it's rated 1800 lumen. Would have to disable the PID controller to run for any length of time... just some rambling thoughts. Need to pick the brains of a electrical guru to figure out how to up the amperage. Of course then you'd be running into heat issues, but the 1800 lumen would rock pretty hard.

Im not sure you'll even be able to tell the difference in the 1-200 lumen gain with the mkiii vs the mkii but I'm sure you can notice the greater throw with the xml2 on the mkii. So wouldn't this make the mkii better?

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im not sure you'll even be able to tell the difference in the 1-200 lumen gain with the mkiii vs the mkii but I'm sure you can notice the greater throw with the xml2 on the mkii. So wouldn't this make the mkii better?

From the measurements by member Swan in the zebra MKIII thread it looks like 1500/1400 OTF and similar lux to the MKII.

So a slightly larger hotspot with the same intensity. Sounds good to me.