Seek Thermal

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
this is a link to the build watch all he videos he does some nice upgrades to the system over time. He will explain the needed parts for the build my handheld used all the parts from this video except the handle I made that part on my 3D printer, but any forward rail attach handle or grip for AR style weapons will do the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnNFR99xGI
Im headed to the property for opening day on Friday that way I don't have a 3 hour drive then have to hunt through the day. its much easier to spend the night get up nice and fresh and just walk into the woods. The Avian decoys are fantastic I have the feeded, breader and lookout all will suck a TOM into gun range I use the 360 rotating device from the same company on the breeder just incase a tom hangs up one I rotate that decoy with the strings they come running in. I have 2 hens from several hunting seasons I want to have mounted as decoys eventually. On tuff toms I make life like decoys what I did is went on ebay and bought hen wing sets that are preserved, I then secure those to some cheap decoys with dryway screws for ridged decoys and construction adhesive for the soft sided decoys they have been awesome for pulling in Toms that wont come to other decoys.

Eskimojo

Newly Enlightened
Software update for the android version if you haven't noticed.
Haven't tried it as my android version is sold and I "only" have the iOS version now.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Just installed the update on Android. Thanks for the heads-up. I noticed an Image Smoothing selection on the Image Preferences menu. Turning it on reduces the visual noise somewhat, at a slight expense of edge definition. I think I like this mode.

drummer132132

Enlightened
Food for thought, I've been chatting with Seek Thermal and found out an unconfirmed idea that they are changing all ios models of Seek Thermal to being focusable. So basically the 36 degree fov version will be able to be focused if I heard right. This is currently for ios, not sure when they'll start changing android versions.

sergiol83

Newly Enlightened
I have the Seek thermal imager also. I have the original one for Android. It's been fascinating to see heat distribution in equipment racks. I can tell at a glance where we need to make adjustments to air conditioning flows.

The microbolometer for the Seek is higher resolution than the Flir One. Flir compensates for this by overlaying an edge-detected image from a conventional camera, which makes the image appear to be more distinct, but at the expense of actual thermal resolution. This is what drove me to the Seek device (well, that and the fact that the Seek is significantly less expensive and compatible with more devices, even some tablets). They don't advertise it as tablet compatible, but you can sideload the apk onto an Android tablet and it will work, providing the tablet is running a current version of the OS that supports USB OTG.

I got the FLIR One 3rd generation to test against the Seek compact. MSX is a cool feature and works well overlaying the visual image on thermal. Seek compact in complete darkness is hand down the best cheap thermal imaging camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts