SH-g lanyard-n-grip ring for Surefire and clones

dsche

Newly Enlightened
tobrien, it's first time I'm working with Titanium so I've try deferent methods and still trying

Hydro-abrasive produce smooth edges but pure accuracy with small holes. Argon plasm better in shapes but 'obloy' (burrs) large and extremely hard

All rings filed, sanded and polished (all surfaces exclude inner and clasp holes) but due material hardness there are some roughness (more noticeable than stainless ones) remains

dsche

Newly Enlightened
I've receiving requests for another shapes regularly (and last one this night) so it's look like some explanation needed

Well, long time ago I've start to collect some strange lanyard rings like Burman one

BurmanTwoHole.jpg

or Solarforce Triangle

TrRing.jpg

or Xeno Farka one

XenoXRD.jpg

And always I've wanna create some 'same same but different'

Wild looking but usable (because Triangle NOT usable if you are not a tripod-alien)

Then after long research (it's not a joke: first sketches more than 2 years old), after some experiments (not all was successful of course) I've found one acceptable shape

And I enjoyed your guys confirm it's really must be used ) thank you

Once I'll create some new shapes, but it's long way and I won't (and can't) just copy some existed shapes.

Last edited:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
The tripod one would be useful to me as I do a lot of camping and I commonly hang lights by the lanyards with a diffuser or in candle mode for overhead area lighting. A single lanyard point makes the light hang on an angle. A multiple attachment would allow me to make a 2 or three point lanyard to hang the light straight.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

lightcycle1

Enlightened
No pics of a good totally vertical hang setup because I dont have a good solution. A two or three point lanyard attachment holes would allow me to male a vertical hanging lanyard. It would allow the dangle point to be centered on the flashlight body diameter. Thats why I would want a lanyard attachment ring with two or three symmetrically placed holes.

lightcycle1

Enlightened
That' ll work. Are these available for order amd how much are they? I'm currenntly on a CPFM ban but that should ne lifted tomorrow. I got a little too aggressive in Wallbuys critisism. :eek:

dsche

Newly Enlightened
$16 for one stainless or $18 for titanium (both from 2mm sheet), + $7 shipping (any quantity) + $2 color anodizing (if needed, once per order (any quantity), titanium only)

lightcycle1

Enlightened
I'm interested in a SS one, but 7 bucks to ship this to CONUS?????

dsche

Newly Enlightened
lightcycle1, :wave: I'm from Russia. International "small packet" cost about $5.75 for this kind of stuff, plus insurance. Of course I may send it as simple letter, without custom declaration etc, but it cost about $4 (not big deal) and may be rejected if goods find out

lightcycle1

Enlightened
lightcycle1, :wave: I'm from Russia. International "small packet" cost about $5.75 for this kind of stuff, plus insurance. Of course I may send it as simple letter, without custom declaration etc, but it cost about $4 (not big deal) and may be rejected if goods find out

Sorry man. Didnt realize the Russia shipping.

Thats perfectly reasonable then.
My bad.

dsche

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it's stainless (shine and flat primordial)

I've use permanent marker and ferric chloride for primary relief, then polishing and second marker-and-ferrochloride for smaller nicety, then heating, polishing again and third bath with 'cream of tartar', citric acid and root killer for imitation of common carbon steel color

As result I receive some looking like 'wild' Damascus or Bulat steel

Moddoo.jpg

Of course it's imitation (and not a best one) but it's looking fresh and even cool maybe )