Shouldn't Lumens Factory Have a Turbo Head?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
6 a incher:eek:! HA Ha:crackup:, that would be so funny, it would look so silly on a CR123 body:crazy:, but………..I bet it would look sick on a M6:twothumbs! I'd definitely go for at least a 3 - 5 inch head, as long as it was done sort of like the huge heads on the Wolf eyes lights with the flat angled sides. For some reason it makes the large head look more reasonable:shrug:.

Could you imagine a 1111 bulb in a 5 inch turbo head attached to a 2x 16340 IMR cell 6P body:laughing:! You'd have this stubby little thing, with laser like throw:D:p! Also the larger head sizes would look great with Fivemega C-cell bodies:thumbsup:.

Illum

Flashaholic
+1 on a 2"
2.5" on the KTs is proving difficult to EDC. Its EDC-able, but makes you reconsider when its EDC'd for a light jog

I've already got the SERAPH P7 head and its AWESOME on a L6 body. The output of the Seraph P7 makes the standard KL6 look like a candle...:candle:

KL6 is a candle...still is, forever will:D

:devil:, Then what would Maglites be useful for....?:laughing::whistle:

heres an illustration of a typical application
:twak:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on a 2"
2.5" on the KTs is proving difficult to EDC. Its EDC-able, but makes you reconsider when its EDC'd for a light jog

Please, enough with the small "toyish" turboheads! :nana:

We need something larger than 2.5", preferably 3" or 3.5". LF already offers a great turbohead for EDC duty: the Seraph D36 Mini-Turbohead. You should check it out.

Cheers.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, enough with the small "toyish" turboheads! :nana:

We need something larger than 2.5", preferably 3" or 3.5". LF already offers a great turbohead for EDC duty: the Seraph D36 Mini-Turbohead. You should check it out.

Cheers.

+1

Sgt. LED's new light:whistle:…………….

:crackup::crackup::crackup:I want one:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a good idea. If LF can already crank out the relatively complex LED turbohead, then they should really look into making plain turboheads. They already have the information from when they tested their turbo lamps, how difficult could it be? Would Surefire have some patent on the exact dimensions of their reflectors?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D
:paypal: But I would like the next one to be a lot deeper!

Ok, Sgt. LED you can't possibly want a larger turbo head then this, in fact this isn't even a turbo head, more of a hyper rocket head:eek::ohgeez:! I'll tell you this, the light's tail standing ability will be drastically less stable:whistle:, but then again something tells me there will be even more "practical" problems for this light……….:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Not as professional looking, spent to much time on the first one in paint shop:rolleyes:.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hi guys,

What is this? I haven't been on CPF for a little while and now there is this talk about 10 inch turboheads, haha. :laughing:

Yes, we have been talking of making an Incan turbohead for sometime now, actually it was supposed to be a part of the Seraph accessories on the inital release. But then the P7 head project came along and it was delayed.

I will look into making this happen, it will probably be something practical like the old SRTH or something around 3 inch. So no 10 inch turbohead, guys. I don't want users holding the torch to all look like plumbers or something.

Cheers,

Mark

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

What is this? I haven't been on CPF for a little while and now there is this talk about 10 inch turboheads, haha. :laughing:

Yes, we have been talking of making an Incan turbohead for sometime now, actually it was supposed to be a part of the Seraph accessories on the inital release. But then the P7 head project came along and it was delayed.

I will look into making this happen, it will probably be something practical like the old SRTH or something around 3 inch. So no 10 inch turbohead, guys. I don't want users holding the torch to all look like plumbers or something.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark, thank you! That sounds awesome, the SRTH was a superb thrower. Make sure it has very light orange peel (don't butcher it with heavy textures, let the thrower throw! LOL). Also, if possible, it would be great if there were two versions: 'C' and 'M' compatible without the need of an adapter. Oh yes, HA-III natural is a must. (make one in Black-HA too.. hahaha).

Cheers!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Make sure it has very light orange peel (don't butcher it with heavy textures, let the thrower throw! LOL).

+1!

A VERY light OP HA Nat head for M threads to go on my SF M4 tube!
3 inch is OK but the bigger the better, to a point anyway.
No reason to half-a** it and use a small or shallow reflector. If you're making a turbo head for throw purposes then let it BE big so it will be able to do the job. Why buy a turbo head unless the throw is worth the trade off for the larger size. Like the D36 for example, it's bigger but the throw increase is not proportional to the size increase of the head in my meager (in worth) opinion.
:shrug: Yeah 10 inch heads would be a bit goofy it's true! But hey think of the crazy throw LOL!

Last edited:

Snow

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Cheers,

Mark

That's exactly what I wanted. I already have a KT4 so I need something with even more reach.