Shouldn't Lumens Factory Have a Turbo Head?

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
Awww man, Sarge...you got my hopes up. I saw this thread back to the top and I thought you were bringing new news. Oh well, back to the thumb twiddling...

1wrx7

Enlightened
How about something in the 3.5" range:devil: Kinda makes the millenium turbohead look like a pocketlight:nana:

001-2.jpg

002-5.jpg

1wrx7

Enlightened
It was the start of a prototype head. It was designed to alow a rediculous amount of different LED/reflector combinations. Think 3X38mm + 3X18mm or 7X27mm reflectors. Unfortunately the CNC dept. at my work got laid off because of cutbacks. Once I learn how to use my new lathe I might try to finish the project myself, but it's on the backburner for now:(

I love the LF bulbs in my SF lights, and I bet you would sell a ton of turboheads if you made them Mark:thumbsup: With all the talk of large heads I had to share the pic.

1wrx7

Enlightened
It must weigh more than 10lbs if its machined out of a block stainless steel....:eek:

No S.S. here... only aluminum:sweat:I just need to turn a bezel ring, contact point and a heatsink.... and find someone who can custom cut some glass for me:green:

I post one more pic for another perspective. The Millenium head is 2.5", this one is 3.5".... seems a lot bigger doesn't it. If anyone ever makes a 5"-6" head I would love to see that:drool:

Note the LF HOM4 bulb in the M4

003-4.jpg

1wrx7

Enlightened
IIRC.... smooth reflector turbo head... I could be wrong though.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Thanks for the support guys.
I will look into the possiblity of making a mirror finish reflector to maximize throw, but not sure of the results yet.
If it doesn't work out then it will probably have to go light OP again.
I am thinking of something practical like a 2.5 or 3 inch head, nothing too big.

Anyways, I will have to spent some time on this when we get back from the holidays on the 4th.

Happy New Year, everybody. :D

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent Mark, I hope it is very similar to the old Surefire SRTH. And in HA finish. That's what I think most of us are looking for.

A lot of us want a turbohead, but without the bulk of the KT heads or shock absorbing material like the M3T/M4.

I think most would probably prefer the very light OP to a complete mirror reflector, but I'm sure there are some who would like both. I guess it would be cool to have the mirror reflector and LOP as options.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old SRTH IMO is lighter and sleeker that the current gen KT1/KT2 and KT4 TurboHeads, and the SRTH is a better thrower. On the other hand, the extra mass of the KT1/2/4 might help with heat sinking. I should test an SRTH vs KT1 and KT4.

Edit: SRTH heat sinking performance is essentially the same as that for a KT1 TH, at least when using an assembled AW/Arcmania LED tower kit with a Seoul P4/SOB1000.

FiveMega 1x26500 host and KT1 (top), SF 6P (bottom)
FiveMega1xIMR36500bodyKT1THvsSF6P.jpg

FiveMega 1x26500 host and SRTH
FiveMega1x26500withSRTH.jpg

Last edited:

ugrey

Enlightened
Bump for SF SRTH copy from Lumens Factory. I would love one at 2.5 inches, not 3 inches. Keep bulk and weight to a minimum, unlike the SF KL Turbo Heads.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps you could offer interchangeable LOP and SMO reflectors for buyers to purchase to suit their needs.

Thanks for the support guys.
I will look into the possiblity of making a mirror finish reflector to maximize throw, but not sure of the results yet.
If it doesn't work out then it will probably have to go light OP again.