Show off your little lights!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I just got another Maratac AAA stainless and another copper model in used but good condition so thought I'd do a group photo along with the slightly larger but very similar Thrunite TiS flamed titanium model on the far right. The flaming as you can see gives it a blued steel like appearance. I removed the clip on one of the stainless. The different tints of the coppers are because after I applied the copper cleaner they start to tarnish again.

The one on the far left is a Rev. 1 model, the other four Maratacs are more recent.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks! Some day I should do a group photo, but I might need a very wide angle lens. :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Well, the photos didn't come out any better, but anyway, here they are.

Hasn't been any action on this thread in a while, so here's all my really tiny lights (minus an Oveready Peak 10180 and MBI HF-R 10250 that I forgot were in my pockets :)), i.e., those taking sub-CR2 size batteries such as 10180, 10220, 10250, 10280, etc. Shown with extras such as 10440 extensions for the MBI and TnC lights, extra heads, etc. The CooYoo's are in the background still in the packs.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a few and I forgot some.

image.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Still a nice little grouping.

I picked up one of those small copper bodies a few months ago and put a Maratac head on it. Cool little light with a 1/3 AAA NiMH battery as you know.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm running those 2 copper bodies with small NiMH cells. Not pocket rockets, but longer run time. The modded Worm has a very warm tint and the modded Maratac has a neutral tine (on the warm side of neutral).

The Oveready Peaks run on 10180 li-ions and the Tain on a 10280 (IIRC).

The DQG Spy is on my key chain with a small delrin capsule to hold a spare cell. Lighter than the SS Overeadey Peaks or copper tinies.

I like little lights because I'm happy to sacrifice runtime for the small footprint.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I do something similar, I EDC a CooYoo stainless 10180, or a DQG Spy brass, plus an Overready Peak Eiger 10180 stainless and a Thrunite AAA TiS titanium. The little copper light is only for house use since it's so rare I don't want to drop it or lose it.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Those are custom bodies that Fritz15 in Germany made by cutting down a copper Lumintop Worm.

That was some years back. I don't think he's doing it anymore. Does anybody know if he's still on the CPF?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that Fritz15 did the machining and Herculaneum79 was the front man. He used to post here but I haven't seen a post from him in some time. (You can search "mini copper worm" to find the original thread.) I don't understand German so I've never even looked at the German flashlight site.

A little off topic, but I met Herculaneum79 - he was visiting friends near me and I met him at the local train station. Took delivery of my mini worm and we showed each other lights. He had a Lux-RC Lab light and it the first time I'd seen one. Very cool. A nice guy and it is too bad he doesn't post on CPF anymore.

Prepped

Enlightened
I love 'dings' and signs of wear on my lights. Come to think of it, on everything I own to be honest. I guess that stems from being in the infantry and judging others whose boots aren't muddied and falling apart :laughing:
But I think it adds some character. I don't baby any of my gear, but at the same time I don't go out of my way to bash it up. I just use it, and in doing so it gets some scrapes, bruises, and scars that make it look awesome, IMO.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply and info. Mag & yoyo.

Yoyo, interesting story. That is kinda one of those "small world" stories. But then, they vanish and we are reminded it really is a big world. :)

It would be cool if we had some of the CPF vets who could put a thread together that would only contain links to really neat members, who are no longer active, and link their most impressive contributions. Sorta like a road map of how we got where we are today. I envision it to contain noting but links. Or maybe a link to a new thread that folks could then comment on. That way the main link thread wouldn't get clutter with "Where Are They Now" stuff. Which don't get me wrong, a Where Are They Now thread would be neat too. Maybe one of the good thread starters could create that? I don't know enough of the older, no longer active members to start it. I recall reading a thread sorta like this a while back but it didn't say what they did and link them. Hope I didn't loose everyone in this rambling paragraph. lol

Hey mag, I hope I didn't just derail your Show off your little lights just now, cause I love this thread. :) Thank you

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I believe that Fritz15 did the machining and Herculaneum79 was the front man. He used to post here but I haven't seen a post from him in some time. (You can search "mini copper worm" to find the original thread.) I don't understand German so I've never even looked at the German flashlight site.

A little off topic, but I met Herculaneum79 - he was visiting friends near me and I met him at the local train station. Took delivery of my mini worm and we showed each other lights. He had a Lux-RC Lab light and it the first time I'd seen one. Very cool. A nice guy and it is too bad he doesn't post on CPF anymore.

Great story. I was sure there was one there somewhere.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
CooYoo ss, cu, ti brushed, ti sb, ti blue MecArmy ss, ti brushed: