SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

Up All Night

Enlightened
Re: SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

Got a single and a triple both in cool,
throw on the single is better than the triple, floodier than a nailbender XML that I have, the triple is AMAZING 50' and less it's like holding a nuclear reaction in your hand, would like to have the neutral version,
btw does anyone have a zl 18650 to compare to these?

So, your nailbender XM-L2 has better throw? I assume the nailbender is in a smooth reflector?

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

timbo114

Enlightened

I got my Single XML2 NW today too.
Nice and bright on 1x 18650.
WOW on 2x 18650 !!!
Hot spot is MUCH larger and MUCH brighter.
I'm really enjoying these Sportac units.

mkphc

Newly Enlightened

So, your nailbender XM-L2 has better throw? I assume the nailbender is in a smooth reflector?
No the nailbender is textured, the single sportac XML has a much larger hot spot but it doesn't throw as far as the nailbender

JanCPF

Enlightened

I got my Single XML2 NW today too.
Nice and bright on 1x 18650.
WOW on 2x 18650 !!!
Hot spot is MUCH larger and MUCH brighter.
I'm really enjoying these Sportac units.

Hmm - so it's apparently out of regulation on one 18650 and so no constant output runtime. It doesn't sound much different from the all the AMC7135 based drivers out there. I was hoping that finally a 2-3 amp buck/boost driver was developed in the P60 form factor.
Jan

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like they are sold out of the Nichia triples.:sigh:

hopefully there will be more.

Last edited:

rsatmans

Newly Enlightened

I have a few old 9p Surefire. I am totally confused by all the options out there. I am correct to believe these do not let you modulate the light output at all?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Correct, single superbright mode only.

HIDblue

Enlightened

Got one of the triple XP-G2 units and put it in my old school, round body Surefire 6P. The drop-in comes in a clear 35mm film type plastic canister with the Sportac label. The retaining ring on my sample at the head of the drop-in was very loose...not sure if it was a simple QC issue or if it just got loose during shipping.

Other than that, I am very happy with it. I don't mind the single output and the it gives a very Large and Bright hotspot. Compared to my ZL SC600 MKII, the hotspot on the Sportac drop-in is much larger and the output is impressive. Since my 6P is not bored, I'm only running an AW 17670. Not sure about run times yet. Great way to update my old school 6P.

As far as fit in my old, round body 6P, it's just okay...with the drop-in installed there's a small gap between the head and body of my 6P. It may fit better in a newer 6P.

Overall, I'm very happy with it and will probably purchase another one down the road.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

As far as fit in my old, round body 6P, it's just okay...with the drop-in installed there's a small gap between the head and body of my 6P. It may fit better in a newer 6P.

The gap you mention is synonymous with Malkoff M61 fit - it is normal to have a tiny gap between head and bezel.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

This info should be made a sticky since the issue just keeps coming up so many times. It is normal and means the drop in is getting good electrical contact since the large outer spring is absent.

The gap you mention is synonymous with Malkoff M61 fit - it is normal to have a tiny gap between head and bezel.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened

Just received my drop-ins today, a triple Nichia and a neutral XML2. The triple is in my bored out Z2 and the XML2 in my Z3. Both are very bright. The triple's output stays steady w/ two primaries. On a single 18650, the output drops after just a few seconds. This was tested w/ an AW 2900mah IC. The Z3 is stock w/ three primaries and the output is awesome. I'm in love w/ the beam on the triple though, it's truly amazing.:twothumbs

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wasn't expecting y'all to be so pleased with these given their low prices. I have to get a triple and/or single now lol

HIDblue

Enlightened

Hmm...thanks for the info.

Like others have said, I'm really enjoying the rather large hotspot of the triple XP-G2. Very useful when walking my shepherd at night.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

how's the tint on your triple XP-G2 modules, guys? it's the highest efficiency bin on the XP-G2 currently (S2) right? I always associated the highest efficiency bins with not-as-great tint. Am I right?