SureFire G2D-FYL

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire G2D-FYL

Ick, yellow again. Why the hell can't Surefire make a light in hazard orange?

YEAH.......

i would be happy at this point with even a G2 in flourscent/day-glo/hazard whatever you want to call it, orange!

THere about about a 100 comaprisons with fenix i can think of at the moment, but lets not go there....:rolleyes:

but i will say, fenix doenst over-rate thier lights, they rate emitter lumens. Surefire certainly does under-rate thier lights, they usually give the MINIMUM levels expected from an intergrating sphere. So at minimum thats what you will get in torch lumens, and often you will get more.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

BigD64

Enlightened

I have 2 KX3 prototypes one is a TIR with a good floody beam it is switched low med high. The ones being shipped I believe have interchangeable diffusers. I also have one that has a reflector. I haven't compared them to my E2DL side by side but they are close to the output of my TK11. DayGlo Orange ones will be forthcoming at least that's the plan. I will try to find out when the KX3 heads will be available seperately. I'll try to post again soon.

Adeon

Newly Enlightened

How is the beam tint (cool/neutral/warm)? Does it appear to use a Seoul or Cree emitter?

Also, where did you get it? I'm not seeing any dealers online other than Surefire.com.

It appears to be high-med-low.

Thanks,
Robert

Not sure... however I think it is...
http://www.surefire.com/G3D-FYL
click to activate flashlight and to select low, medium, or high output

hopefully I didn't make a mistake

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not sure... however I think it is...
http://www.surefire.com/G3D-FYL
click to activate flashlight and to select low, medium, or high output

hopefully I didn't make a mistake

I too was noticing that in the description. Although, on the right side they list it in order of high/med/low (115/45/15). On other lights, the output order on the right side is consistent with the UI (E1B 80/5, E1L 3/45).

It would be nice if there was consistency on the G2D-FYL/G3D-FYL pages though.

The G2D-FYL's pushbutton tailcap click switch lets you activate the flashlight and select three output levels: press or click for a 115-lumen high beam—nearly six times the light of a big two-D-cell flashlight; release or click off and press or click again for a 45-lumen extended-runtime medium beam for general use; release or click off and press or click on again for a-15 lumen low beam for close work, preserving your night vision, navigating in the dark, or when you need extended runtime.
SPECIFICATIONS

Output: 115 / 45 / 15 lumens*
Runtime: 2.0** / 12 / 34 hours*
*high/medium/low settings
**Runtime down to 50 lumens

Length: 6.14 inches
Weight: 4.6 ounces
Batteries: Two 123A lithiums
Three-output tailcap click switch—press or click to activate flashlight and to select low, medium, or high output
I think this one is in error. I still think it's high-med-low.

-Robert

Last edited:

GreySave

Enlightened

I'm hoping that the multi mode version has a nice deep reflector inside that head for a nice tight beam that can then be broadened out using the diffusers as desired. That would be the most important / tempting feature for me. You can always diffuse the beam, but if it is not tight at the start you are stuck the limitation of whatever the baseline beam is.

brian250f

Newly Enlightened
SureFire G2DF-YL: 3 Stage Light...

Just got one of the new 3 stage firefighter lights from SF. NICE!! I didn't see anything about it on here and its not on SF's website yet, had to call them to get it. Anyone else have one of these yet? Will post pics shortly..

Size15's

Flashaholic
brian250f :welcome:
I've merged the thread you started with the one we already had going.
I'm sure we're looking forward to your sharing photos of your new G2D-FYL!

Best regards,
Al :)

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
I like the fact that it turns on high first. As a firefighter paramedic I have used my light(E2DL) for self defense as well as illumination, you get a lot of angry people out there and some are not happy to see you at all. Just the other day we went out for an illegal burn because we are in a drought and there are red flag warnings in our area and the gentleman came after us, and patients who were in gang fights think that trying to help them is an insult. Having a bright flash light to blind them and help you get them under control is helpful as HELL. I usually carry my E2DL on my belt and my new E1L(which I LOVE!!!) in my pocket, but this one could replace them both as my duty light.:grin2:

jchoo

Enlightened
Re: SureFire G2DF-YL: 3 Stage Light...

Just got one of the new 3 stage firefighter lights from SF. NICE!! I didn't see anything about it on here and its not on SF's website yet, had to call them to get it. Anyone else have one of these yet? Will post pics shortly..

So how about those pics and a review? I'm chomping at the bit to hear about this light!