SureFire G2D-FYL

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool looking lights, can't wait to see beam shots. Looks like a great light to throw in the car, tool box, camping, etc. A good all around light.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Maybe if this thread was in the LED forum it would get more action...

Thats the funny thing. The LED forum is SO frequented and many go only there. Its not unusual to see topics there that would better belong in a variety of other places, but the traffic is so massive, we just tango on (movie reference).

Size15's

Flashaholic
So I can't work out whether I've made things worse by moving this thread into the LED flashlights section...? :thinking: :tinfoil:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Thanks for the move, Al! :nana: Hopefully things will work out for the better..

Ok, Folks! Bring on those beamshots! Hello? SureFire KX3, Anyone?

hehehe :wave:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I sent an email earlier today to SureFire asking them when the KX3 head would be available for purchase. And this as the reply I just received from SF's Customer Service:

The LED bulb is our current P60L bulb.
:ohgeez:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You know there's something horribly wrong when you know more about a company's latest products, than the people who work there. :shakehead

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Yeah, I know. I sent a reply back telling said CS Rep that the KX3 and P60L are two entirely different SF products. I wonder how well that went over.. :green:

Anyhoo, how are those beamshots coming along? :candle:

Wick

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in the new KL3 as well. Im surprised there has been so little interest in this offering. I'm looking forward to the release of the KL3 head so I can slap it on an old 9P body. I really dont have any desire for a florescent green 2-cell Surefire body.

If anyone has one, some real world reports and photos would be greatly appreciated.

jchoo

Enlightened
I'm interested in the new KL3 as well. Im surprised there has been so little interest in this offering. I'm looking forward to the release of the KL3 head so I can slap it on an old 9P body. I really dont have any desire for a florescent green 2-cell Surefire body.

If anyone has one, some real world reports and photos would be greatly appreciated.

If reviews and such haven't shown up by the time I get back from Spain in December, I'll have to order one of these up to go with the M3LT.

So much for banking overtime and leftover per diem! :poof:

Size15's

Flashaholic

Careful not to confuse models numbers:
The G2D-FYL & G3D-FYL feature the KX3 LED bezel not a new KL3 LED bezel.

tritan

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire G2D-FYL

I love it, and the UI is perfect for it's intended use - as a helmet mountable light for fire fighters and other rescue personnel. When you're on scene, you don't care about momentary illumination - you just want to pick your mode (usually high, so just one click will do it) and get down to business. If you're using the light as a hand-held to do vehicle checks, patient evaluation, or just for general scene illumination (aka don't wheel the stretcher that way, it's muddy/rocky/full of dog mess/whatever), you can afford to take the time to tap once/twice before you click. I think this may replace my 2 level E2L on my duty nights.

Oh, and it's very nice to see Surefire making intrinsically safe lights... for too long, Pelican has really been the only game in town for firefighters.

I would say streamlight is the only game in town. All 3 of our fire stations have the streamlight box lights on them. We just received a rescue truck and they all came with led 90 angle lights from streamlight.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for Streamlight, will see how these new lights perform in their intended role.

BTW I did have the Lux 3 the old KL3 head and it was awesome, if the new KX3 LED is as good I am definitely getting one head, maybe two.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Oh. Don't mind me. I am merely day dreamin' of beamshots, and runtime graphs....... from this little lovely. :whistle:

:poke:

G2D_large.jpg