Surefire tactician

Nimitz68

Enlightened
I have no clue. Currently waiting on two of these through my local dealer. I have received no word.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not received an email on any of my shipments.

In fact if you look at my account it shows that my last three orders are processing. One of which I received today. I have received two of three.

And to top it off they shorted me the batteries for the damn thing. I thought it was supposed to come with a set in it and an extra set.
imagejpeg
imagejpeg

Well, you are not alone :)

25022789_156107985026638_8182209330796298240_n.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Let me get this straight...

So because some Tacticians went out with a spare set of batteries.... SureFire is now ripping off folks with only one set of batteries?

My gosh, that's really awful. I suppose Gene Malkoff rips off his customers by only supplying one set... and Streamlight and Elzetta and.... holy cow... there are some greedy company's sending lights across the ocean (gasp) without any batteries....

:whoopin: Shame, shame, shame on those greedy corparations.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me get this straight...

So because some Tacticians went out with a spare set of batteries.... SureFire is now ripping off folks with only one set of batteries?

My gosh, that's really awful. I suppose Gene Malkoff rips off his customers by only supplying one set... and Streamlight and Elzetta and.... holy cow... there are some greedy company's sending lights across the ocean (gasp) without any batteries....

:whoopin: Shame, shame, shame on those greedy corparations.
Initial lights came with and thus were advertised as having two sets of batteries, it is understandable why people are upset imo. Why should one customer get more then another when they both paid the same price? When you buy something and don't get what you were supposed to get with it that is not really right and borders on false advertising imo. Plus, it is just bad business practice to not maintain consistency with respect to the accessories included with an item and it causes issues/bad blood as you can see.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So with that line of thinking when the guy in in line front of me gets the last candy bar with a 10¢ coupon attached or the last one that was 10% bigger that justifies me going on the internet to say I was ripped off?

I don't have a Tactician, nor do I want one. Nothing to do with the battery drama. It just won't for me.

I just don't get all the hub-bub over $3 in batteries for a light that costs $149...

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well my Tactician showed up today. What a nice surprise! No shipment notification.

Tests show:

Low with Surefire primaries: 10 lumens
Low with K2 lithium phosphate: 10 lumens
Low with 16650: 9.5 lumens

High with 16650 is a little lower than with 2xCR123s

Probably the greatest surprise was the tint. It's great! White, cool white with a hint of violet in the corona. I can't really see the violet but my wife can. No green, yellow, etc.

And for those keeping score, mine came with 2 batteries.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
So with that line of thinking when the guy in in line front of me gets the last candy bar with a 10¢ coupon attached or the last one that was 10% bigger that justifies me going on the internet to say I was ripped off?

I don't have a Tactician, nor do I want one. Nothing to do with the battery drama. It just won't for me.

I just don't get all the hub-bub over $3 in batteries for a light that costs $149...

Well, that isn't really the same thing. This seems more like a bait and switch tactic to me. They basically gave the first bunch of users 2 sets of batteries so the word got around and then just took the second set away without warning. If they were just going to give one set of cells then that is what they should have done from the start imo.

You are right though it's not that big of a deal monetarily but, it is still kind of shady and a bit of a stupid decision on Surefire's part imo. It's more about the principle.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Was it advertised as including batteries and, if so, how many were specifically promised ?

Was there any disclaimer or restrictions on international sales or shipping ?

Last edited:

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got this when I checked:

They were suppose to email me when the EDCL2-T was back in stock but they did not. Instead, I was checking randomly and found it was showing as in stock so I ordered. Then I went back and it was showing out of stock, so I got the last one (or only one). I'm guessing the same is true here with the Tactician. It probably was in stock for a very short time and sold out.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it advertised as including batteries and, if so, how many were specifically promised ?

Was there any disclaimer or restrictions on international sales or shipping ?
Surefire doesn't advertise what is included with their lights.

Not that I know of but, I know many Surefire dealers won't ship internationally so international customers have to wait for local dealers get stock or use a workaround(mail forwarding, having a friend ship them, eBay, etc.) if they want it fast.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the extra batteries went out to the 900 Tactical Response pre-orders?

Either way it's not a big deal to me, it just seems odd that they made the clamshell packaging to hold the extra batteries and then stop doing it. Unless it was a special deal for those who pre-ordered the light.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see that the Tactician comes with a lanyard like many SureFire lights of years past. The new lanyard, also on the GZ2, is a lot shorter than the old ones like the Z34, Z50 and Z60.

If you want the longer lanyard, you can still get it on the SC-1 spare battery carrier.

pomah

Newly Enlightened
so, 520 replys and no runtime graph?

I would love to see some runtime on CR123 and 16650