Surefire tactician

Psypha

Newly Enlightened
If I missed it somewhere in this long thread, please forgive. But on a 16650, about how many lumens can one expect vs. the 800 lumens from 2xCR123s...

I run the the tactician head on lx2 body. Low I get 40-60 lumens and high is about 500-600 lumens. Running a Sanyo 16650. Still get the 5 lumens low low when loosening the head.

Bronc6901

Newly Enlightened
I run the the tactician head on lx2 body. Low I get 40-60 lumens and high is about 500-600 lumens. Running a Sanyo 16650. Still get the 5 lumens low low when loosening the head.

Wow, that's an awesome setup! I might need to look into this

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thinking: looks at AZ2...

:cool:

:thumbsup:

Dang. Now I have to buy one of these.

Last edited:

Psypha

Newly Enlightened
:thinking: looks at AZ2...

:cool:

:thumbsup:

Dang. Now I have to buy one of these.

You will love this setup. The low is high enough to use for most uses. I use the low more than anything. And if you want a low low just loosen the head. My battery charge lasts for the entire week too. I am constantly using it too as I am an HVAC tech/ mechanic.

stephenthesuave

Newly Enlightened
New Tactician owner here...

I played legos the other night when it came in to see what my options were.

I tried to put my E2L clip onto the tactician body and it fit the slot, but not with enough tension to hold it in place. It wiggles around a lot and won't hold pocket tension because it can move toward the head. Oh well, no biggie.

My preference is for clicky tailcaps anyway, so I'm using the tactician head on the e2l body with a Keeppower 16650 for now.

I have a Nitecore RCR123 charging now to see what I can get out of a 1x123 MDC body and tactician head.

Also noteworthy (to me at least)- neither my KL4 nor 60/3 E2L head will turn on at all on the Tactician body.

JohnSmith

Enlightened

My preference is for clicky tailcaps anyway, so I'm using the tactician head on the e2l body with a Keeppower 16650 for now.

I also prefer clickies, so I just added a standard clicky tailcap to the tactician body. Like you, I power it with a 16650. When used in this way, I think it's Surefire's best light in years. They market it as a special application "tactical" light, but with the addition of a clicky tailcap I think it's the best general purpose light in their entire lineup.

Last edited:

BioMelodic

Newly Enlightened
I tried to put my E2L clip onto the tactician body and it fit the slot, but not with enough tension to hold it in place. It wiggles around a lot and won't hold pocket tension because it can move toward the head. Oh well, no biggie.

I am using a two-way clip from an EB2.... and it is loose also, but I placed a small piece of plastic behind the clip as a shim, and it works great now.... just fyi.

stephenthesuave

Newly Enlightened

I played legos the other night when it came in to see what my options were.

I have a Nitecore RCR123 charging now to see what I can get out of a 1x123 MDC body and tactician head.

Also noteworthy (to me at least)- neither my KL4 nor 60/3 E2L head will turn on at all on the Tactician body.

No love for my 1x123 MDC with Nitecore RCR123.

Still really liking the beam for an EDC light. I would love to find an LX2 body and tailcap eventually to gain a "medium" output.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Surefire still putting green tinted led's in all their lights?

No, at least the E1B-MV and EDCL-2T that I bought recently have beautiful white tints. :thumbsup:

I found out how beautiful when I recently came across an early EB1C in a drawer, it is coke bottle green in comparison. :eeew:

Even a UM2 purchased last year has a distinctively green tint compared to the newer lights.

stephenthesuave

Newly Enlightened
My Tactician is very white to my eyes. A little less blue than my 60/3 E2L and waaaaaay less green than my Titan. I have an M61 ill compare it to tonight.

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear everyone is liking the Tactician. I have been carrying mine since its release and really like it. I have bought a few more since its release. I feel if I can get 10 I should be good incase Surefire flips their lid again and goes back to making pointless lights..:twothumbs

GrizzlyAdams

Enlightened
I've been using the tactician bezel on my lx2 body/tailcap after seeing it recommended hereon CPF, perfect combo for me.

Viper715

Enlightened
Anyone else wanting an E1T-MV. An EDC version of the Tactician? I'd like the size head that is on the Tactician with the twist for low or high in an E1 body with a click tailcap. I've got that setup to work but have to use a rcr123 and would like it as a replacement to my E1B-MV. Thoughts?

kssmith

Enlightened
Not sure if many care about this anymore; but I got a sweet serial number on mine:
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1529178755.824567.jpg