Surefire tactician

sohl

Newly Enlightened
I bought a tactician today but didn't lite the head up and tried on a old vital gear fb2 body! work like a charm! smaller, head down, clicky and low/hight works fine!

IMG_4231.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

sohl

Newly Enlightened
I bought a tactician today but didn't lite the head up and tried on a old vital gear fb2 body! work like a charm! smaller, head down, clicky and low/hight works fine!

IMG_4231.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just found out that the vital gear fb2 body takes 17650 batteries! I also have a borred out e2d body that takes 17650! Its nice to find use for some old stuff that have gathering dust for a while.

tango44

Enlightened
Why does my Tactician came with stickers on the package?
When did Surefire change it's run times?
Thank you.

21kgear.jpg
[/IMG]

Toehead

Newly Enlightened
Are these twisty caps compatible with the E1B-MV? I really prefer the momentary only and twist for constant on. If the old Z52 fits the Tactician it should work. Does any vendor sell twisty tailcaps?

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Why does my Tactician came with stickers on the package?
When did Surefire change it's run times?
Thank you.

21kgear.jpg
[/IMG]

Surefire was a tad optimistic on the throw and underestimated the run times. The packaging was incorrect as a result and the stickers were used to correct it. The lights are identical.

sohl

Newly Enlightened
Nice little one!

High and low work good. using a rcr123 battery.

Last edited:

Toehead

Newly Enlightened
Nice and compact! Looks like my Backup. Any idea how much light it has with only one cell?

sohl

Newly Enlightened
What type of output are you getting using only a single cell with the Tactician's 2-cell head?

sorry I don't have the equipment to measure that! but I would guess around 500l, you would get the same regarding if you use a 17650 or rcr123, both have same volt right?!

BioMelodic

Newly Enlightened
sorry I don't have the equipment to measure that! but I would guess around 500l, you would get the same regarding if you use a 17650 or rcr123, both have same volt right?!

I'm not sure, that's why I asked... I like the single-cell size you have going on there.

Can anyone tell us if a single-cell can produce the same lumens as a double-cell, but with maybe just reduced runtime?.... or is a single cell incapable of producing the full output?

APS

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the tactician bezel on my lx2 body/tailcap after seeing it recommended hereon CPF, perfect combo for me.

Wow on this one. I've had an LX2 sitting around for years and not really happy with the low on the Tactician. I just tried this out. Awesome.

masakari

Newly Enlightened
Hey, sorry to bump this up, but are the Tactician and Defender ultra bodies compatible? Meaning, if I buy both, can I swap the heads and tailcap between the two?
I want to use the Tactician clip on my Defender ultra... It doesn't fit. So if I buy a tactician, I would want to swap the bodies.
Thanks guys

Edit: I just bought them and figured it out... No, the Tactician head doesn't work on the defender ultra body. The threads are slightly shorter, so it only comes on low mode.
Now to decide whether to return the Tactician or sell off the head, tailcap, and Defender body separate...

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Anyone else wanting an E1T-MV. An EDC version of the Tactician? I'd like the size head that is on the Tactician with the twist for low or high in an E1 body with a click tailcap. I've got that setup to work but have to use a rcr123 and would like it as a replacement to my E1B-MV. Thoughts?

I would like see a single cell version with this same user interface, for that matter even a two cell utilitarian version with this UI would be good!

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Hey, sorry to bump this up, but are the Tactician and Defender ultra bodies compatible? Meaning, if I buy both, can I swap the heads and tailcap between the two?
I want to use the Tactician clip on my Defender ultra... It doesn't fit. So if I buy a tactician, I would want to swap the bodies.
Thanks guys

Edit: I just bought them and figured it out... No, the Tactician head doesn't work on the defender ultra body. The threads are slightly shorter, so it only comes on low mode.
Now to decide whether to return the Tactician or sell off the head, tailcap, and Defender body separate...

I've tried the tactician head on two old E2e bodies and it worked perfect on one and bottomed out before making contact for high on the other. Additionally I've tried three different E2e tailcaps and while they all work they all leave different gaps... one just barely covers the oring

masakari

Newly Enlightened
I've tried the tactician head on two old E2e bodies and it worked perfect on one and bottomed out before making contact for high on the other. Additionally I've tried three different E2e tailcaps and while they all work they all leave different gaps... one just barely covers the oring

That's annoying. There are lots of cheap E2Es out there, but I won't know if one works with my Tactician without trying it first... What a pain.

Hey, also, with the Tactician/LX2 body combo, is there no constant on?

goofyman

Newly Enlightened
Hey masakari
Got my today and the TT head works perfect on the LX2 body
the same function like with the original
only that the low mode is brighter than on the TT body
would say looks more to 30 or 40 Lumen

Latest posts