Tactical Single AA Narrow Beam Handheld. Recommendations?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the secret to the Manker T01 II putting out 900 lm with one 14500?

Short run-time before dropping output significantly to avoid damaging the LED and battery.

My throwier compact light is the 2AAA Nitecore MT06, but it's only 165 lumens and 93m beam distance and 2120cd beam intensity. It achieves it's throw by having a relatively small LED. The low output is 32 lumens. The mode sequence is L-H, no memory.

Genzod

Banned
Because emitter size also factors into the question, lights using XP-L HI or XP-G series emitters are probably going to be your best bet. Using the Parametrek tool with AA/14500 and those emitters selected gave this search result:

http://flashlights.parametrek.com/index.html?led=XP-E2+XP-G2+XP-G3+XP-L%20HI+XQ-E&battery=1xAA+1x14500

Of those, I think I'd take a closer look at the Nitecore MT1A and the Fenix LD09 and LD12.

Thanks for introducing me to parametrek.com. Awesome tool! I just wish the guy running the website made it even better by keeping tabs on manufacturer new releases pages. I noticed the ZL H53's aren't listed let. The absence of a product released a month ago and the "Request an addition" link implies he lets others inform him of new releases.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. I think it's a side-project for him, not a day job. He's a regular on the forums. Seems like a good guy.