Tain Tribute Thread

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did you take that first picture? Its really spectacular.
(It looks like the lens was zooming in and out)

I hope you manage to display all your other pics soon.
I agree with Daniel (and I'm also curious about the first picture). :thumbsup:

Also, the second picture is amazingly sharp!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Dave kindly recommended me a lens to upgrade my camera with. Sadly it hasn't upgraded my photography skills. Nevertheless I felt like posting some more gratuitous shots.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave kindly recommended me a lens to upgrade my camera with. Sadly it hasn't upgraded my photography skills. Nevertheless I felt like posting some more gratuitous shots.
I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit Daniel. Those shots look great! :)

grayhighh

Enlightened
Daniel, Nice detail shots !

_JWK9900-L.jpg

*If anyone feel the color temperature or exposure is weird please let me know. I think my screen needs color calibration. Cause when I send my files to develop the result is no where close to when I saw on my screen. Thanks !:)

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice shot Cary, and I really like all those color schemes! :thumbsup:

What is the backdrop? It looks like it could be the trunk of your car. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
*If anyone feel the color temperature or exposure is weird please let me know. I think my screen needs color calibration. Cause when I send my files to develop the result is no where close to when I saw on my screen. Thanks !:)

Looks perfect to me Cary! Customary razor sharp images with tritium colors bursting out vividly. That's a great trio of Thuds with gorgeous tails. :thumbsup:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Sorry to hog the majority of the pictures in this thread so far, but a new arrival from Tain in addition to my lens upgrade has made it impossible for me to restrain myself! :ohgeez:

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hog the majority of the pictures in this thread so far, but a new arrival from Tain in addition to my lens upgrade has made it impossible for me to restrain myself! :ohgeez:

I'll quote myself from an earlier post, with emphasis added:
I figured a thread like this would give us a place to gush over Tain's lights (to any extent we care to :devil:)

With that out of the way, these are great pictures Daniel - thanks for posting. It appears you are having lots of fun with your new lens! :)

If I didn't know better, I would think you might have stayed up half the night taking some of these pictures. :whistle::devil:

I got so distracted from the pictures, I almost forgot to say... that's a very nice looking collection of Flutes. I like the way you ordered them in the first picture (by trit count). :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Thanks Dave, I'm very happy with the lights and the trit combos and not too displeased with the pictures either. ;)

I must confess to owing you a debt of thanks for the lens recommendation as well as the tip of light painting at night!

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must confess to owing you a debt of thanks for the lens recommendation as well as the tip of light painting at night!
I'm glad it worked out well. You are certainly getting great results already but the learning process is just beginning. ;)

There are still aspects of my pictures that I think can be better, and I am in a continual improvement process. It's a great deal of fun - especially to be combining photography and flashlights. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'm glad it worked out well. You are certainly getting great results already but the learning process is just beginning. ;)

Yes, there's a long way to go but its going to be fun trying. :)

There are still aspects of my pictures that I think can be better, and I am in a continual improvement process. It's a great deal of fun - especially to be combining photography and flashlights. :)

I can't see how you could improve your pictures much more. If you do, a new career is beckoning for you.
Yes, its great fun combining both. I'm still a novice when it comes to photography but at least I have some nice subjects to experiment on. :thumbsup:

grayhighh

Enlightened
Thanks guys, for letting me know. The background is just a corner of my sink.