Tain Tribute Thread

fyrstormer

Banned
Those switches look amazing. The polished metal and the tritium vials take something that ought to be banal and uninteresting and make it the focus of attention. Superb.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Great pictures Dave. I like the gradual transition of the DOF in the top picture.
In addition the exposure is now such as one might realistically see at dawn/dusk where both the Titanium as well as the glowing tritiums can be seen at the same time. You have captured a realistic representation of the brightness of the tritiums at such a time.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those switches look amazing. The polished metal and the tritium vials take something that ought to be banal and uninteresting and make it the focus of attention. Superb.
Agreed! That's why I couldn't resist posting a cropped close-up of them as well. :)

Great pictures Dave. I like the gradual transition of the DOF in the top picture.
In addition the exposure is now such as one might realistically see at dawn/dusk where both the Titanium as well as the glowing tritiums can be seen at the same time. You have captured a realistic representation of the brightness of the tritiums at such a time.
^ as Daniel have said...great pics :thumbsup:
Thanks guys! :) Daniel: this picture was shot using a 10 second shutter speed. It's the first time I've tried one that short and it definitely does give a different look. I also like gradual DOF shots like that. :)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not the best picture of a Tain but it's my first Piccolo, blue trit, blue glow, mint condition, so nice!

We needed a picture on this page and all of this came today :)
Congratulations on acquiring a Piccolo Franz! And thanks for adding another picture too. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Daniel: this picture was shot using a 10 second shutter speed. It's the first time I've tried one that short and it definitely does give a different look.

Thanks for the tip Dave, I'll bear that in mind for trying to capture the tritium vials realistically. What was the F setting and the ISO?

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those photos were shot at f/10 and ISO 100. For future reference, all the EXIF info for my photos is available on Flickr. Once you click on the image to take you to the Flickr web site, click on the three dots in the lower right corner and select "View Exif info". :)

Last edited:

franzdom

Enlightened
_MG_3654.jpg

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stunning Dave, I wish I'd ordered one now. :)
Great pictures, all of them, but I especially like the 2nd and 3rd.
Thanks much Daniel. :) I'm definitely a big fan of close-ups like that. I love all the detail they reveal!

I'm sorry you didn't get one, but you have plenty of other very nice lights to be happy about. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Another Hyperlux arrived to add to my collection. It has been upgraded to XM-L2 for even more output and throw.
Its the one on the left in the picture immediately below featuring the 2 Combat Hyperluxes.

Last edited:

Latest posts