Teslas quit charging in cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItnStln

Newly Enlightened
It takes me 10 seconds to charge. 5 seconds to plug in before bed and 5 seconds to unplug in the morning when the car is needed.
That's a lot longer than 10 seconds.
Every new home must have solar. That's thinking ahead. California already mandates it. That's a lot of power. My MAGA brother put it on his house to run the air-conditioning. So the power is there if you go for renewables. Even W. Virginia is doing it.
No, they are not.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Explain why Norway has 81% EV saturation? On average much colder than our recent "extreme" event.

Only 1 car in 4 on the road in Norway is EV. 83% new sold is EV because Norway is selling oil to the rest of the world to subsidize EV sales with a ban on ICE vehicle registration in 2025 +100% tax on ICE vehicles and no tax or toll roads for EV...

Norway's meager 5 million population doing a good job of pumping oil and selling hydrocarbons to the world to fund EV's.

Hypocrite much!

Norway.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok ill try to get us back on topic which is ironic since im mr off topic. . what if they insulted the battery pack ?

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Only 1 car in 4 on the road in Norway is EV. 83% new sold is EV because Norway is selling oil to the rest of the world to subsidize EV sales with a ban on ICE vehicle registration in 2025 +100% tax on ICE vehicles and no tax or toll roads for EV...

Norway's meager 5 million population doing a good job of pumping oil and selling hydrocarbons to the world to fund EV's.

Hypocrite much!

View attachment 56575
Lips - thank you. Thank you for putting mrfixitman's comment in context. Nonsense "facts" like "81% saturation in Norway" are (only) just data. Data once organised and put in context becomes information.

The earlier comment about Tesla being the best selling car in the world is just data. Even if it were true, it's still just data.

We have a saying in the world of finance that :

Turnover is vanity
Profit is sanity
Cash Flow is reality

There are many businesses that have gone under by chasing volume instead of focusing on profitability. One example of this is Vauxhall in the UK (called Opel in Europe). Vauxhall tried to compete with Ford to be the best seller in the UK and did so by offering large discounts to boost sales. Short version - that resulted in a hit on profits which ultimately ended with the company being acquired by Stellantis Group. The current management has focused on cost cutting, reducing models and other efficiencies.

Another example is the Mini made by British Leyland / British Motor Corporation from 1959. The engineers at Ford analysed one from a cost perspective and concluded that BL were selling them for less than they cost to make. No wonder they were very popular. The company was once the dominant force in the British market but poor engineering and management/sales choices allied to destructive unions, led to its death in 2005.

I believe that many if not most of the people on this forum are smart and knowledgeable. Throwing unsubstantiated "facts" at them is liable to make the perp look silly.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt = FUD

Funny how that term seems to be a term tossed around to describe those who don't believe the (F) the planet will be destroyed in 12, 9, 6 years (U) unless we start living without fossil fuel cars and (D) even then it's probably too late.
Hold on a minute. You mean we aren't talking about Elmer Fud?

mrfixitman

Enlightened
That's a lot longer than 10 seconds.

No, they are not.
Depends where the plug is.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Fresh off The press. This seemed like a good spot to place this.

Ford can't compete with Tesla, they are cutting their losses until they source less costly production.That means copying Tesla more closely. Answer to While Tesla is making a lot of money selling electric vehicles, does Ford lose nearly $60,000 for every electric vehicle sold? So for now, clean cars are a money pit for every automaker but Tesla. by Mike Richmond

Last edited:

mrfixitman

Enlightened
This video is the first I've heard or read on the subject matter. Has anyone else come across such?

This is baloney. Nobody gets 400mpge. The model Y is 120 mpge. Model 3 is 130 mpge. The EPA tests and makes the call. Auto makers don't have any say. Credits? I know nothing and don't care. But if Tesla makes money selling credits hahahahahaah the joke is on those not making EVs.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no proof methane is bad for the planet, only scare tactics screaming about a boogie man , methane. Anything that comes out their mouth is a lie. They always "prove" by reports made by their scientists, Same way thousands of expert were telling WTC was blown up from inside, well i'm an expert myself, i work with commercial real estate in nyc for over 20 years, know how building are build, how they demolished and what the structure can take, so anytime their experts say co2 or methane, I know the reality is opposite. just like wtc inside job lie. That is besides the fact that i was there, watched it all happen from blocks away, even if i knew nothing about buildings i would not buy it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.