The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Lounge

Just wanted to post a picture of my new favorite EDC light I take with me everywhere now. I love it and no Vinh didn't make it for me, but he certainly could, however I doubt it would Pass his tourture test and high standards. It's a brute and gets hot on turbo In like 30 seconds, so can only use it on full blast for a minute or so at a time, but even so, having a 2800+ lumen EDC flashlight in your pocket whenever u need it is awesome! :)
image_22.jpeg~original
[/URL][/IMG]
image_18.jpeg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wanted to post a picture of my new favorite EDC light I take with me everywhere now. I love it and no Vinh didn't make it for me, but he certainly could, however I doubt it would Pass his tourture test and high standards. It's a brute and gets hot on turbo In like 30 seconds, so can only use it on full blast for a minute or so at a time, but even so, having a 2800+ lumen EDC flashlight in your pocket whenever u need it is awesome! :)
image_22.jpeg~original
[/URL][/IMG]
image_18.jpeg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice!
Does it have a boost driver or do you need to use two cells for it ?

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened

It uses 2x18350s, but I have a lot & not many lights using them, so it's fine for me.

ven

Flashaholic

Why do you want to charge at 3 amp?? Its bad for the cells.

If your in a rush it should have minimal effect if the odd time . Or I should say you would not notice anything detrimental during the life of the cell. I find a happy medium with my vape cells and charge at 1.5a. As most are 2500mah, even from 3.5v they seem charged quick! By that I mean it is under 2hrs anyway(don't time them , could be not much over an hour in time as I don't sit there watching).

For 26650 cells I use the 2a rate which could be argued on the low side but it works for me.

With 4 cells I am limited to 1a per bay, still I am not inconvenienced by this and find the charge rate acceptable /fine for my uses /demand.

drummer132132

Enlightened

Question for you all. Thinking at some point in the future of selling my mm15vn mtg2 or upgrading it to xhp70 and new drivervnx(?) with thermal regulation when available. Which route would you folks take? Sell or upgrade (assuming the upgrade is feasible)?

Also which is the cooler led in terms of heat generated, mtg2 or xhp70? Both are hot but one is bound to be cooler.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Question for you all. Thinking at some point in the future of selling my mm15vn mtg2 or upgrading it to xhp70 and new drivervnx(?) with thermal regulation when available. Which route would you folks take? Sell or upgrade (assuming the upgrade is feasible)?

Also which is the cooler led in terms of heat generated, mtg2 or xhp70? Both are hot but one is bound to be cooler.

sell it. Upgrading will cost more money especially the driver.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

NICSAK

Enlightened

Anyone else looking forward to what Vinh can do with olight x7 coming out soon. Should be right up there with the tn36ut. I think it looks pretty cool

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone out there in the land of flashlights own the Jaxman Z1vn zoomy? Or possibly even the stock Z1? I need to pick your brain for a minute. :)

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone out there in the land of flashlights own the Jaxman Z1vn zoomy? Or possibly even the stock Z1? I need to pick your brain for a minute. :)

I have a Cometa, which is based on the Z1, except that it's prone to shorting out and therefore dangerous. Does that count? I guess not......

Ok, over to the sensible responses. :)

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a Cometa, which is based on the Z1, except that it's prone to shorting out and therefore dangerous. Does that count? I guess not......

Ok, over to the sensible responses. :)
+1

Designing and producing a flashlight is not easy. :caution:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

So i tried charging olight 26650 ( from r50), and will not charge... I found out inner one is positive. Outer one is negative..

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened

I got that jet black beauty in stock form with an xml2. Pretty good quality Zoomie with real thick glass AR coated aspheric lens that throws just as far as my twice as big stock UF-1405 aspheric thrower. What about it?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see there is no love for mx25l4cvn beside richbuff and me.. Lol. I have look at sunwayman v11r, and tx25c2vn.. They are good, but i go with the big light tonight.... I ordered mx25l4cvn Flood xhp 50 diffused dome. :) about 3 cents per lumen.

NICSAK

Enlightened

I see there is no love for mx25l4cvn beside richbuff and me.. Lol. I have look at sunwayman v11r, and tx25c2vn.. They are good, but i go with the big light tonight.... I ordered mx25l4cvn Flood xhp 50 diffused dome. :) about 3 cents per lumen.

Newlumen I have actually been eyeing that light and a few others. Very interested in how it performs. Would really appreciate it if you could do some beamshots with it and also a comparison to tn36utvn. Thanks bud!

Status
Not open for further replies.