• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2021

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are you guys' favorite mini-throwers under 24mm head size and why? What are the throw/output numbers on your fav?
"Under 24mm" and "thrower" seems like a contradiction haha. Expand that a little and you get some impressive lights IMO. BLF GTvn Micro, BLF GT Nano, and the Goliath V2 are lights I have that make me giggle when turned on and non flashlight enthusiasts jaws drop.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are you guys' favorite mini-throwers under 24mm head size and why? What are the throw/output numbers on your fav?

D3Cvn w1.1, one of my all time faves, you could get the DL25C2vn with the same emitter for even more throw and runtime with an 18650, this is an incredibly tempting light for me because of how much I love both my D3C/ D25Cvns, and my G25C2vn (though the G25 is better with a W2 I think)- which I still find every reason to pocket carry!

Of course the P60vn with the w1.1 is also a great size/ performance ratio, and just like the P60 format is very very versatile overall, as the beam profile is very analogous to an old Xenon P60 from Surefire, just with a TON more output and throw.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
New Additions :)

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights?sort_by=created-descending

HiWTvCl.jpg

DjREr3V.jpg

OTlZGTM.jpg

rFRHArp.jpg

iecHI8l.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
D3Cvn w1.1, one of my all time faves, you could get the DL25C2vn with the same emitter for even more throw and runtime with an 18650, this is an incredibly tempting light for me because of how much I love both my D3C/ D25Cvns, and my G25C2vn (though the G25 is better with a W2 I think)- which I still find every reason to pocket carry!

Of course the P60vn with the w1.1 is also a great size/ performance ratio, and just like the P60 format is very very versatile overall, as the beam profile is very analogous to an old Xenon P60 from Surefire, just with a TON more output and throw.

I hate the D3Cvn. I lost a really nice polished one and was upset for several days!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate the D3Cvn. I lost a really nice polished one and was upset for several days!

You're right, I like the D25Cvn's much better ;)

But really?! I think this light is fantastic with VN4 and a better LED, perhaps one of my favorite EDCs ever. It's great with every LED I have in it. I remember years ago you had the quote of something like "Ultimate pocket WOW spotlight!" and I bought one, and literally everyone's reaction to it was always pretty much exactly that verbatim....

MRuGCAN.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
LOL...I love it too. Just dont love loosing little lights. I am healla forgetful! This is why I just stick to bigger lights now. I cant afford to lose these small lights anymore.

You're right, I like the D25Cvn's much better ;)

But really?! I think this light is fantastic with VN4 and a better LED, perhaps one of my favorite EDCs ever. It's great with every LED I have in it. I remember years ago you had the quote of something like "Ultimate pocket WOW spotlight!" and I bought one, and literally everyone's reaction to it was always pretty much exactly that verbatim....

MRuGCAN.jpg

What are the specs on your TN42vn CFT90? Im curious whether the current SBT 90.2 4x21700 version has as equal, more, or less throw/output.

Side by side beam shots of the current v2 next to the v1 CFT90 would be really nice.

Edit: Just went back to the 2018 vinhnguyen54 forum when that light was released and its full of beam shots. Interestingly your shot looks far more intense, maybe the angle of the shot, very dense light saber effect. No edits? The light specs according to forum are 5k lumens and 1mcd, so that would make the V2 less than half of the old $600 price tag, a third of the price really, since $260 of the v2 includes 4x21700 batteries. In just 3 years time... thats amazing.

For anyone who wanted a CFT90 mega thrower in 2017-2019 but couldn't afford $450-700 price ranges... it looks like now is the golden time to purchase an even better SBT90.2 mega thrower for a third of the price. Crazy!!!

Only thing holding me back is I already bought a Noctigon K1vn W1.1 that throws 700kcd+ With the intention of it being my final large thrower for a few years, so I don't have a good excuse as it was my last light purchase some months back and I've only been able to use it once or twice since. Much less likely to be carried is this TN42vn v2 weighing multiple times more and being múltiple times larger.

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the specs on your TN42vn CFT90? Im curious whether the current SBT 90.2 4x21700 version has as equal, more, or less throw/output. 1Mcd and 5000 lumens OTF

Side by side beam shots of the current v2 next to the v1 CFT90 would be really nice. It would be, but I would bet they are pretty much the same.

Edit: Just went back to the 2018 vinhnguyen54 forum when that light was released and its full of beam shots. Interestingly your shot looks far more intense, maybe the angle of the shot, very dense light saber effect. No edits? No edits, but a little over exposed making the beam more intense.
The light specs according to forum are 5k lumens and 1mcd, so that would make the V2 less than half of the old $600 price tag, a third of the price really, since $260 of the v2 includes 4x21700 batteries. In just 3 years time... thats amazing. So true!

For anyone who wanted a CFT90 mega thrower in 2017-2019 but couldn't afford $450-700 price ranges... it looks like now is the golden time to purchase an even better SBT90.2 mega thrower for a third of the price. Crazy!!! Absolutely! The CFT90 was a much more expensive LED. Vinh assures me the CFT90 is a superior LED to the SBT90, but I think he's just telling me that to make me feel better haha. This is the biggest light I'd own; it's huge for me! I can't even imagine how big the handle with 4 x 21700 batteries in it though.

Only thing holding me back is I already bought a Noctigon K1vn W1.1 that throws 700kcd+ With the intention of it being my final large thrower for a few years, so I don't have a good excuse as it was my last light purchase some months back and I've only been able to use it once or twice since. Much less likely to be carried is this TN42vn v2 weighing multiple times more and being múltiple times larger. Totally understand where you are coming from. I don't like lights this large, at least not without a handle, but the performance is just so amazing I keep it.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own many big lights because I never use them, even for fun they are just a PITA, I think Vinh is right with the K30GTvn being ideal sized for actual use.

However, now if I buy a big light like this, because DAMN, it'd be a Skylumen for sure. No sense getting nonsense unless it's absolute madness!

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
Just got a few Eagle Torches from Vinh. These are amazing for the price! Only thing I could find wrong is that I couldn't get the Orange. You need one. If nothing else fireworks aren't too far away.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that the Lumintop GT94Vn is now ready to order from the SkyLumen website. The GT94 is an extreme screaming power thrower light. I have a confession to make: I got my first GT94 October 19, last year, and my second one a few weeks later, on November 13. I just had to get them as soon as humanly possible when it was first announced early autumn last year. If anyone is looking for more throw and power than the X65, GT94 is it. Also, GT94 has some less power but more throw than R90TS.

Cells: 8 x 18650 unprotected, button top needed due to mechanical polarity control. The battery carrier is a little bit different. The beam profile and beam performance is extreme screaming insane. This is a big light, but it puts out insane big light power throw performance.

After I got those two, I felt guilty about getting them not from Vinh, but then after that, I got HK90 VN, MT90 Plus VN, another NSX53 VN, MS06 VN and FW21a Pro 3 x 90.2 VN.

The last 14 lights that I got since July, 2020 are awesome, but I have to confess that I am a bit on a plateau level. I am amazed and surprised that Lumintop and Haikelite were the first to come out with full size, multiple SBT90.2 lights, and that Olight, Nitecore, Fenix, Acebeam and Imalent have not yet, after all these months.

I am enjoying having and using all of my 37-2=35 Vinh lights, (I got three FW21aProVN, one for me and two for friends) but I am super busy with my other activities: Pedestrian Defense, and foremost, attaining what the Good Book promises us.

Back to the GT94: Screaming, must-have power thrower.