The Lounge Jan-June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gktii

Enlightened
Re: XHP50/70 Stock

Thanks for the comparison pics. Your right, there is a noticeably difference between the two. I wonder why it's shows up with less kcd and lumens in testing though?

I'm not sure...it's possible, that each light can differentiate in performance...batteries, LED's, etc...but, with mine, i can tell a huge difference...they're both still bright, but the XHP70 is noticeably brighter...maybe i just got lucky... :thumbsup:

lumentia

Enlightened
Re: The 2015 Lounge

Lurkers please post more! We welcome you with both hands and legs. So many CPFers buys from me and never stop by to say Hi. Sometimes you guys do come out for the sales though :p
I have a theory about the reason for the occasional drop in activity here.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doh...........so risking the loony bin has all been a waste:ohgeez:

:)

Your wife already knows you are crazy, and she puts up with you just the same. You've got nothing to worry about :laughing:.

I say keep the pics coming! Your posts and pics are always helpful.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think we need a vinh light meet,just how do i tell the boss "aye love,meeting a guy off the net to look at torches" ..................:whoopin:

:laughing:

Mr mcnair may even get out of his rocking chair:whistle:

Just don't tell her you want to compare to see who has the biggest torch. :duck:

ven

Flashaholic

:laughing: as always a never a truer word spoken doc ,thanks:)

Yes ,hope tony is ok,not seen him for a bit .

Got that covered KDM, 3 x tk75 extensions should do the trick:naughty:

ike1985

Enlightened

Not even close - the XHP emitters require two cells or an inefficient boost driver if using a single cell.

Plus the beam from multi-die chips looks bad in smooth reflectors or aspherical lenses.

That said, id still like to have one in a P60 module if it is actually brighter than the MTG2 ;)

what about using a higher capacity battery, like a 26650? In terms of output, XML2 is toast, but as you said, there are drawbacks as of right now until someone comes up with a fix.

Severus

Enlightened

Lurkers please post more! We welcome you with both hands and legs. So many CPFers buys from me and never stop by to say Hi. Sometimes you guys do come out for the sales though :p
Sorry Vinh but I gave up a long time ago when I was dealing with different situations basically wasting my time and going thru agravations that I didnt need. When I was more active I had to endure multiple arguments that in my opinion were unnecesary, members talking down to others because their "post count" had a bigger number, members putting words on my mouth, going back a forth just for the sake of argument and I know that discussion is all we need on these kind of forums but to deal with other members with attitude problems, talking down to other members with no respect and big egos I just simply decided to stand back and be a "creepy lurcker". I appreciate comments and post from the majority of the members here trying to help others and have some fun but a few of bad apples spoil the experience for everybody else and I know I am not the only because because I have noticed other active members participating less and less because of that.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

I miss Tmack Guys... Anyone know how hes doing?

He told me that work schedule is killing his time and has yet to get on the couple of lasers we were talking about. That's about all I know, man.

Too bad, seems like a really cool guy.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry Vinh but I gave up a long time ago when I was dealing with different situations basically wasting my time and going thru agravations that I didnt need. When I was more active I had to endure multiple arguments that in my opinion were unnecesary, members talking down to others because their "post count" had a bigger number, members putting words on my mouth, going back a forth just for the sake of argument and I know that discussion is all we need on these kind of forums but to deal with other members with attitude problems, talking down to other members with no respect and big egos I just simply decided to stand back and be a "creepy lurcker". I appreciate comments and post from the majority of the members here trying to help others and have some fun but a few of bad apples spoil the experience for everybody else and I know I am not the only because because I have noticed other active members participating less and less because of that.

I too have decreased my activity and post because of this... there are a few that just annoy and its better to for me to avoid and just help where I can by email and PM directly.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I have post less myself...I have been keeping busy so I can look forward...

Let's all of us tuck a bit of the negative away so we can all smile more. This is a great supportive group and I have been thankful to have met :)

I will think of something entertaining ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Q: What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A: "We better get some support before someone thinks we're nuts!

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL good one vinh...

I had a few members recently email me about what lights I like best... I have had close to 250 in my collection at one point or another and have handled hundreds more doing lumen/throw testing.

It really got me thinking and I have narrowed it down to a few "core" lights. (sorry, I can't pick just one.)

Favorite thrower:
K50vn fiat lux - the k40vn fiat lux is a very close second, along with the sr52vn. The quality of the k50 is better than anything fenix makes (plastic battery carriers, plastic reflectors?!?), and the ability to recharge while on the go (car charger) makes this one my personal favorite.

Favorite flooder:
Hands down the mm15vn. The tn36vns are all also very nice, along with the k40mvn, but the mm15vn wins because of its small size.

Favorite edc:
Zebralight sc62w - probably the best stock flashlight in the world. Seriously... if you buy just one flashlight in your life... buy this one. Perfect UI, perfect tint, tons of available modes, thermal PID... oh yeah, and its tiny. I love the d25cvns too - but I usually prefer to edc 18650 lights for their unmatched runtime. The d25cvn is more of a bling/wow light for me.

Random facts:

The light I dislike in my collection the most right now is the solarstorm warrior. It has visible pwm, horrible tint, and terrible feeling squishy buttons. Im sure it could be modded into something else, but I have hidden it out of sight for now....

I never carry triples/quads for some reason... I am too afraid I might lose them and not be able to replace them...

I own over 200 18650s and 60 eneloops. (about 20 26650/32650 and other sizes)

My favorite charger (I have owned over 15): is the opus 3100

The first light I ordered was in March 2012 - trustfire tr-j12 5x xml-t6 (did about 2200 OTF lumen, I modded it to 4500 and sold it).

I have sold over 85 lights on ebay/cpf marketplace/blf... the average return price on a light after fees and shipping is 71%. (I keep a spreadsheet of every light I buy and sell and have owned; who I sold it to and for what... and the date! LOL)

The only lights I have ever sold and made a profit on were the varapower turbo 3 and the deft-x.

The most interesting light I have owned/built was a custom chrome plated mag 458 (incandescent osram bulb). It ran of 16x AA high drain batteries, pulled 10-11 amps, had over 10,000 bulb lumen, and would light paper on fire. It would run for 7 minutes before a recharge (8-12 hours) was needed.

The first thing I ever ordered from vinh was a 4.2 amp 5 mode XML p60 in July of 2012.

My favorite led is the MTG2 5000k

Last edited:

lumentia

Enlightened

A senior citizen was driving down the freeway,

his car phone rang.

Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him,

"Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car

*going the wrong way on 280 Interstate.

Please be careful!"*

"It's not just one car," said Herman. "It's hundreds of