The Lounge Jan-June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The 2015 Lounge

^^zebralights are press-fit together & VERY tough to mod.

So I've been noticing lately that the outer outer spill from some of my lights has been annoying & a bit distracting.
Even on my floods.

Like my copperhead single optic XML2 (which was dedomed for throw but had an ugly beam so I frosted the optic with 600grit)
It's literally got spill 180deg from the edge of the head out.
Sounds useful but really can get in the way.

Just sayin sometimes that huge wide spill would be better if tamed with a matte nonreflective bezel etc.

Even my H600W (best edc ever!) has a faint outer spill that creeps past the bezel somehow.

Not being negative! :):):):)
I'm still using my lights even tho it's daylight savings here haha

Great post earlier JMPaul!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: XHP50/70 Stock

I saw XHP70 brighter than MKRs too with my eyes and my light meter in a ceiling bounce...oh well All these new LEDs are bright ;-)

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

That was a fine read Justin. I enjoy reading info like that ...especially from someone who's had handled so many different kinds of lights.
I think I'm gonna go buy me a zebra sc62 now.
I already own your second favorite thrower k40vn, and favorite flooder, mm15vn.
So when I need a new charger, I'll look up that opus hahah
As for that solarstorm warrior, give it another try. I had mine dedomed and now it gives a pretty decent neutral warm tint.
Changed the ui and had it slight modded. It's not a bad light considering the size and performance after mods.

And that hat list that you made of all lights you had and sold and all other info is pretty impressive haha.
Remember that sl3 you sold me? That stayed on moonlight? Man this has gotten a major overhaul. It does over 4000 lumens and 178kcd! Its got three dedomed xpl's in it now

Samlittle

Enlightened

I really miss the the 6XPvn...I love it as much as the S6330vn.

This one is my favorite V54 light. Love the size and the UI - so much better than the MM15 - IMHO (The MM15 UI drove me nuts). Powerful and clean white light that carries easily in a small well fitted holster. The extra lenses that came with the kit, are fun to have too. Only thing I would change is to add a top flap to the holster to protect the lens. This is something I will do but would have been better as original equipment.

Flash-O-Maniac

Newly Enlightened

Can the Opus 3100 be set to discharge an 18650 , then charge it up to only 3.7V for storage. I have a lot of batteries that I have unfortunately fully charged that I now see are not going to be used for a while and it would be nice to find an easy way (without constantly monitoring the charger) to get them to 3.7V.
LOL good one vinh...

I had a few members recently email me about what lights I like best... I have had close to 250 in my collection at one point or another and have handled hundreds more doing lumen/throw testing.

It really got me thinking and I have narrowed it down to a few "core" lights. (sorry, I can't pick just one.)

Favorite thrower:
K50vn fiat lux - the k40vn fiat lux is a very close second, along with the sr52vn. The quality of the k50 is better than anything fenix makes (plastic battery carriers, plastic reflectors?!?), and the ability to recharge while on the go (car charger) makes this one my personal favorite.

Favorite flooder:
Hands down the mm15vn. The tn36vns are all also very nice, along with the k40mvn, but the mm15vn wins because of its small size.

Favorite edc:
Zebralight sc62w - probably the best stock flashlight in the world. Seriously... if you buy just one flashlight in your life... buy this one. Perfect UI, perfect tint, tons of available modes, thermal PID... oh yeah, and its tiny. I love the d25cvns too - but I usually prefer to edc 18650 lights for their unmatched runtime. The d25cvn is more of a bling/wow light for me.

Random facts:

The light I dislike in my collection the most right now is the solarstorm warrior. It has visible pwm, horrible tint, and terrible feeling squishy buttons. Im sure it could be modded into something else, but I have hidden it out of sight for now....

I never carry triples/quads for some reason... I am too afraid I might lose them and not be able to replace them...

I own over 200 18650s and 60 eneloops. (about 20 26650/32650 and other sizes)

My favorite charger (I have owned over 15): is the opus 3100

The first light I ordered was in March 2012 - trustfire tr-j12 5x xml-t6 (did about 2200 OTF lumen, I modded it to 4500 and sold it).

I have sold over 85 lights on ebay/cpf marketplace/blf... the average return price on a light after fees and shipping is 71%. (I keep a spreadsheet of every light I buy and sell and have owned; who I sold it to and for what... and the date! LOL)

The only lights I have ever sold and made a profit on were the varapower turbo 3 and the deft-x.

The most interesting light I have owned/built was a custom chrome plated mag 458 (incandescent osram bulb). It ran of 16x AA high drain batteries, pulled 10-11 amps, had over 10,000 bulb lumen, and would light paper on fire. It would run for 7 minutes before a recharge (8-12 hours) was needed.

The first thing I ever ordered from vinh was a 4.2 amp 5 mode XML p60 in July of 2012.

My favorite led is the MTG2 5000k

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can the Opus 3100 be set to discharge an 18650 , then charge it up to only 3.7V for storage. I have a lot of batteries that I have unfortunately fully charged that I now see are not going to be used for a while and it would be nice to find an easy way (without constantly monitoring the charger) to get them to 3.7V.
Not that I know of
That was a fine read Justin. I enjoy reading info like that ...especially from someone who's had handled so many different kinds of lights.
I think I'm gonna go buy me a zebra sc62 now.
I already own your second favorite thrower k40vn, and favorite flooder, mm15vn.
So when I need a new charger, I'll look up that opus hahah
As for that solarstorm warrior, give it another try. I had mine dedomed and now it gives a pretty decent neutral warm tint.
Changed the ui and had it slight modded. It's not a bad light considering the size and performance after mods.

And that hat list that you made of all lights you had and sold and all other info is pretty impressive haha.
Remember that sl3 you sold me? That stayed on moonlight? Man this has gotten a major overhaul. It does over 4000 lumens and 178kcd! Its got three dedomed xpl's in it now
Awesome! I'm glad the sl3 got some love.

BootsAndCats

Newly Enlightened

Hey Guys, I'm new here. Just wanted to know how long it typically takes to receive your lights from Vinh after ordering? Thanks!

ven

Flashaholic

There is a guy called andy not far from me(carr),he does mapping and much much more as you will see bellow. What you guys think,impressive...........

:laughing: yeh i know it may have had more than a map:whistle: but got to admit he knows his stuff,andy=subaru and vinh=flashlight

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have sold over 85 lights on ebay/cpf marketplace/blf... the average return price on a light after fees and shipping is 71%. (I keep a spreadsheet of every light I buy and sell and have owned; who I sold it to and for what... and the date! LOL)

This is pretty cool. I should start keeping track of this.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is a guy called andy not far from me(carr),he does mapping and much much more as you will see bellow. What you guys think,impressive.......
:laughing: yeh i know it may have had more than a map:whistle: but got to admit he knows his stuff,andy=subaru and vinh=flashlight

I'll raise you a Volvo over the Subaru. Got to admit, I've never seen a turbo as large as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqF6NUlSEjY

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does the beam shape of a triple XP-L compare to a XHP-50?
I like the MC-E and want a replacement that's an even punchy flood.

Thanks

ven

Flashaholic

I'll raise you a Volvo over the Subaru. Got to admit, I've never seen a turbo as large as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqF6NUlSEjY

Now that is just not fare,is it road legal?,its a drag car :laughing:

:p

Find me an ovlov thats not got a HUGE nitros engine and can drive the kids to school ...............back at ya:poke:

;)

Oh- thats *beepin* awesome by the way :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.