Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryG

Enlightened
Re: The 2015 Lounge

Fiat Lux = Let there be light...Word of the God

The word Fiat Lux just sound so cool to me

Being Latin probably adds to the coolness

So being word of the God the light must come from God. Not a candle, a bonfire or even the sun. It's the first light created by The Creator. Therefore I would like to relate Fiat Lux on my lights to be a reminder of the 1st light of life.

I chose Sky Lumen because one again it just sounds cool to me. But more importantly it signify the source of light that bought life to us is from the Sky gifted by our Creator.

Here is where the problem is: Lumen is a Unit of light but not light itself.

Sky Lux would have made more sense but I like the sound of Sky Lumen more. So I have to make up a theory to myself to give Lumen a meaningful purpose.

Lumen being the unit of light indicate that light it itself is a finite amount that can be accounted for. Light being matter is neither created nor destroyed, thus again finite. Light are created by chemical reactions which could eventually run out and alters it's form but it never really vanished. So in conclusion the light is there, see it or not it's always present. Some times in the form of memories for the past, ideas for the present, and premonition or the 6th sense for the futures. Sometimes the light just must be felt rather than seen. We are given a finite amount of Light measured in Lumen. How much we gather, feel and perceive is up to us, but regardless, treasure it because it's not infinite. How much Sky Lumen have you gathered?! ;-)

All the stuff I said above might make no sense but it's the best I can express it.

Now the plot twist: I didn't think of Sky Lumen all on my own. If anyone have watch the Terminator movies you guys would know about Sky Net. The company that made the Terminators. Sky Net is a damn legit futuristic name! First time I heard of it I was like WOW...

So lets name my business Sky Lumen. Yes I came up with the name first and then define what it means to me later. Quite reverse I know. Same goes with Fiat Lux.

I also think in reverse when I work on the lights soemtimes. More on this when I have more time...

O yeah one of these days I will explain y the number 54 in V54 is so meaningful to me. And yes I came up with the signature V54 before I came up with that it really means to me.

Weird *** way of thinking and reasoning I know....

Very nice and insightful story Vinh.
54 is Love, right?

Barry

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the tattoo your handwriting, Vinh? That would make it extra cool and special

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I threw away 12 leds today to find just 3 u2 PDTn. Also went through about 10 u3 to find about 5 PDTc. This is really really bad for budget... :-(

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

The font is Carpenter. Not mine.
Well you're a flashlight carpenter so that similar haha. It sort of looks like your Fiat Lux engravings which is why I asked. My wife's been dying for a tattoo since she got her first several years ago. I doubt I could talk her into a flashlight tattoo (read: no way in HELL) but u suspect she might get something after our daughter is born this summer :)

By the way, I haven't told anyone but my parents, but we're naming her "Lily"! I'm so pumped about the name :) Her middle name is going to be "Elizabeth" which was my sister's middle name (past away from cancer) and both of my nieces AND my wife also have "Elizabeth" as their middle name. Symmetry :)

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I threw away 12 leds today to find just 3 u2 PDTn. Also went through about 10 u3 to find about 5 PDTc. This is really really bad for budget... :-(
I hate to say it but maybe you need to up charge a bit more for PDT? Certainly we prefer cheap prices but not so much that it puts you out of business and we get no more Vinh lights!

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hate to say it but maybe you need to up charge a bit more for PDT? Certainly we prefer cheap prices but not so much that it puts you out of business and we get no more Vinh lights!

I agree. It is reasonable. Back in the good old days where the only option was [De-Dome], everyone played the tint lottery (Apart from Fiat Lux lights). 3/15 LEDs to get a PDTn is a terrible yield rate.

It is great that we can get to choose specific tint options for PDT, but not so great if the losses/wastage rates are so high. :sigh:

How about your law enforcement clients, Vinh? Green tinted lights may be more nausea-inducing for strobe mode? :green:

20141227_181303.jpg~320x480

:)

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh--I wouldn't mind paying more for PDT--Your eye for picking tint is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.