The Malkoff Front Porch

archimedes

Flashaholic
No. When you run the 60LL ON 3 cells you get more output but I thought runtime did go up. I'll have to check. Running off of 3XAA it pretty much is in direct drive and runs forever. Only one way to be sure.

Are you referring to (three cells) ...

• 3x CR123A (at ~ 3V ea) = 9V

• 3x alkaline AA (at ~ 1.5V ea) = 4.5V
• 3x lithium AA (at ~ 1.8V ea) = 5.4V
• 3x NiMH AA (at ~ 1.25V ea) = 3.75V

All voltages listed at approximate max for fresh cells, under light to moderate load.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes if you run the M 60 Lolo and three cells you get more output less
run time

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya I put a second on my MD2 work light. Makes it very hard to take tail off. Not really necessary but can't hurt and because I change batteries from the head I never really take the tail cap off. I do this because the springs on my Malkoffs eats the crap out of my keep power 18650's

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gah I just fell for one of Illumn's last 2 MDC 16650 219bs....... Will probably be my new EDC. I've been having trouble picking one each morning but I think this will help make my decision a lot easier each day.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, I do the same ( battery changes from head ) thanks thermal.

Ya I put a second on my MD2 work light. Makes it very hard to take tail off. Not really necessary but can't hurt and because I change batteries from the head I never really take the tail cap off. I do this because the springs on my Malkoffs eats the crap out of my keep power 18650's

bignc

Enlightened
Man, what a nice surprise to come back to! (havent been on much since last week.) Anyway, still thinking through my host for the group bought M91BN. Otherwise not much going on.

HOWEVER, had a moment at a gas station last week. Outside pumping gas and got that "hair on the back of my neck" feeling coming from the park across the 4 lane. My SHO MDC couldn't cut through the light pollution. I finished up and left but have been carrying the 61T ever since...

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you could have done with a Hound Dog.

Speaking of MDC, would anyone clap with glee if Gene / Illumn did an SHO NIchia MDC?
Has Illumn stocked them in the past?
P

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
RE Peter: I would love to see a new MDC run. I do believe Nichia SHOs exist. I swear I just read about them going through INFRNL's runtime graphs.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall the SHO series was built for multiple li-ion, there definitely have been nichia SHO models but generally not very popular.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm..... that gets me thinkin'.....maybe one of these gifted modders/machiners' in here can make us a sort of "MD1" body so we COULD have the hi/lo switch in it....just a thought.

Came across this quote in the M31 thread from 2010. Thought it would be good for a chuckle.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
M61 Nichia SHO exists. I use it with 3 x 18650. Rated official voltage is up to 12v, but I believe there is enough headroom for 3 rechargeable. Make sure all the batteries voltage match. Use this set up very carefully.

M61N SHO also exists.

Brighter than the regular M61's and more run time than the M91's.

what's a good easy free picture hosting website?

Last edited:

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I figured out how to use Imgur for picture posting...don't know if it's the easiest...but if I (technologically challenged) can do it...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I use Post image. I'm so computer challenged that some times I can't find the mouse and It's easy for me.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Post image. I'm so computer challenged that some times I can't find the mouse and It's easy for me.

I refuse to use anymore "sites" for photo "hosting".

Every other forum I belong to allows posting pictures without a separate "hosting site".

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast

Every other forum I belong to allows posting pictures without a separate "hosting site".

I'm not sure what happened with the picture hosting from the app. I had asked Greta if it would be returning during the last update and she was unsure if they could get it back. Don't know if they are working on a fix or not.

archimedes

Flashaholic

I'm not sure what happened with the picture hosting from the app. I had asked Greta if it would be returning during the last update and she was unsure if they could get it back. Don't know if they are working on a fix or not.

Are the uploads from those with Supporter Badges not currently showing ?