The Malkoff Front Porch

If you don't have needle nose pliers.. You can unscrew it with 1 BIC pen cap :)

just yesterday i had to loosen the high/low ring of a flashlight i received recently.

impossible to do this job without the tool sold on the site.
the ring was very tight.

I also recommend using the tool to correctly tighten this ring, because if it is loosely tightened it can cause malfunction... this has already happened with customers (the flashlight blinked) because I did not use the correct tool and the correct torque.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
very true - what is the correct torque I wonder then.
thanks MW.

just yesterday i had to loosen the high/low ring of a flashlight i received recently.

impossible to do this job without the tool sold on the site.
the ring was very tight.

I also recommend using the tool to correctly tighten this ring, because if it is loosely tightened it can cause malfunction... this has already happened with customers (the flashlight blinked) because I did not use the correct tool and the correct torque.

ledbetter

Enlightened
My Leatherman Juice pliers works perfect for the Hi/Lo ring, been using it for years.
Same here, no problem. But I'm just snugging it up, not really torquing it. Still there's no looseness or rattle or malfunction. Maybe there would be better water resistance with Malkoff's tool to torque it? But with my experience with o rings, tighter isn't always better.

Last edited:

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Caliper ears... can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks, now I won't be using my BIC pen cap anymore :)

about correct torque:
I see the high/low ring comes very tight
gene seems to have eaten a lot of spinach

I've sent a flashlight to a client by pressing the h/l ring only with the website tool and over time the ring loosened, causing it to malfunction... the flashlight blinked.

notice that the website tool has a hole in the middle...
I put a screwdriver there in the hole
that way I can make a little more torque

I screw the ring to touch the dropin and then I make a little force
I never had problems again, even with customers who use the md2 attached to weapons...

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you for that info mr Weiss.

about correct torque:
I see the high/low ring comes very tight
gene seems to have eaten a lot of spinach

I've sent a flashlight to a client by pressing the h/l ring only with the website tool and over time the ring loosened, causing it to malfunction... the flashlight blinked.

notice that the website tool has a hole in the middle...
I put a screwdriver there in the hole
that way I can make a little more torque

I screw the ring to touch the dropin and then I make a little force
I never had problems again, even with customers who use the md2 attached to weapons...

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
does the new MD2 have a serial number anywhere ?
can't even remember if the old ones did either.
I am sure they did.
I have a new design MD2. no serial.

thanks.

Last edited:
in my humble opinion, each dropin should have a serial so that the owner could enter a website and consult the year of manufacture, model, led, specifications...

the other parts (head, body, tailcap) I don't think there is so much need for a serial number