The Malkoff Front Porch

Kalsu

Enlightened
The o'ring is 13x3mm. The boot is something like a 6P boot, but call Gene, I'm sure he'll send you at no charge.

I worry about this boot retention design, I'm not confident at all about it, especially for water proofing.
Thanks for the measurements. I will check the O-ring I have and see if it will fit. I have some spare boots around the house that I think will work.
This is the first issue I have had with the boot set up. We will see...

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Does your MD3 have a bumper o'ring around the McClicky, inside the tube? Mine doesn't, only my MDC has it.

Kalsu

Enlightened
No not inside the tube. Just outside holding the boot in. I was just wondering if they were the same size because I have the bumper O-rings laying around unused. I took the O-ring from a spare switch and used it. I will contact Gene and see if I can buy a few spare boot O-rings from him.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery bumper o-rings and the boot retainer rings are not the same. I've got a couple boots with rings in my spares stash, so my guess is that they're a standard product that can be ordered.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, the porch sure has been quiet lately.

I just received a complete Arisaka 600 series weaponlight, with the E2HT head, It's too bad the E2 Super Throw head was discontinued. It delivers a great throw/spill combination for contact to 50 yard usage.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, the porch sure has been quiet lately.

I just received a complete Arisaka 600 series weaponlight, with the E2HT head, It's too bad the E2 Super Throw head was discontinued. It delivers a great throw/spill combination for contact to 50 yard usage.
The E2 Super sounds like its replacement because the E2 Super is phenomenal at that range

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I think you're right. The current E2 Super is definitely not the E2ST that I've had since it was first introduced. I actually like the lower lumen output of the old version, for the increased runtime. 900 lumens from such a small E2 Super head sure would be impressive, and I presume will got hot rather quickly.

The E2HT is great, but once that amount of focus is achieved, more lux isn't really a negative as long as some spill still exists.

The E2XT is a wicked little thrower, especially at roughly $100 less than a Modlite OKW. Sometime I'm going to get an E2XTL. I have a headless Modlite body since the OKW is on the rifle pretty much all the time. I just noticed that the E2XTL has the same output and lux as the E2XT, not the increased specs of the E2XTD, which is Li-Ion only, Hmmmm, that changes my plans.

An E2 Super should be a great pairing with a Viking Tactics L4 I've had for at least 6 years, for use when carrying. This L4 has been riding in a LaRue offset mount since new, so it'll be good to actually use it. I'll definitely put it onto an LX2 body to see how bright the reduced output level is. E-Series Lego-ing is endless entertainment.

Well, that didn't take long. I received an email from Gene this evening reminding me of a discount that I had forgotten about. A new E2 Super has been ordered, and some E-heads have been moved around in preparation for its arrival.

Last edited:

fulee9999

Enlightened
Can anyone recommend me a good lanyard ring that fits the MD2 bodies? So far I haven't found much.

check etsy/ebay there are some people who make great hand-made lanyard rings

I've got this titanium butterfly ring ( or cigar grip if you're tacticool ) from ebay, it was handmade and fits 6P hosts perfectly

1657574908772.png
1657574927683.png

OR maybe and Oveready clip that has a lanyard hole

Edit2: come to think of it, the original Malkoff clip has a lanyard hole as well

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

Attachments

• IMG_20220711_145526179.jpg
    IMG_20220711_145526179.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 58