The Malkoff Potential Group Buy Sounding Board

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's still on my radar for sure. We've got 5 so far (I'll have to go over this thread again to check the latest posts) and I typically start pulling the GBs I run around 10 or 15 members to ensure enough people are interested. Of course, anyone is welcome to do this, all that's necessary is at least 20 units are ordered from Gene :)

I would definitely like to see this through, but I'm in the middle of one GB right now so it's going to have to wait until that and then the amber GB are tried. For me it'll come after the amber, or at the same time if I'm feeling ambitious.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
The minimum order of 20 is Malkoff requirement?
I thought of another light that would be a grail light on my opinion. The old style hound dog with the reflector running the SST-20 in either 4000k or 3000k. I'm not sure what the reason was behind moving away from the reflector besides more throw, maybe they aren't available anymore, maybe too expensive…

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The minimum order of 20 is Malkoff requirement?
I thought of another light that would be a grail light on my opinion. The old style hound dog with the reflector running the SST-20 in either 4000k or 3000k. I'm not sure what the reason was behind moving away from the reflector besides more throw, maybe they aren't available anymore, maybe too expensive…
I just saw this seems like I ignored you sorry!

20 is traditionally the minimum but I cannot establish that for sure, I always start by asking how many Gene wants made to make the run of whatever we are making. For something like that, it would probably be a LOT more than 20 people. I once inquired for shits how many it would take for another Pink anodized MD2 run, and he sorta unenthusiastic-ally said "ohh, I don't know.... a hundred or two" hahaha! (that being said, I immediately thought.. that might be doable....)

I think the reflector choice was multifold, but I too wish for the very same combination as you state. I'll try to remember to ask next time I talk to him, but I'm pretty sure it's cost/ availability of good reflectors which are EXTREMELY expensive and the fact that the optic setup may be more durable/ robust overal though that is pure speculation on my part.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was there a reason he hasn't done another run of camo Md2's. I wouldn't mind one in the new body style.
Quoting dotCPF, "Always have great conversations with Gene…
We got to talking about the MD2 Camo anodizing, and the other colors. Apparently the camo was a creation of one particular worker, who was just no longer there at one point."

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think an anodized color run is possible with enough interest, would probably need to hit up ALL the forums for that. I will need to consult with the council...

sgt253

Enlightened
I know that I may be in the minority but I would really love to see a weapons mountable light (pistol/rifle) made by Gene. I could really use that both personally and professionally. Maybe one day...

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep looking at old Surefire M113C and such lights, as they could accept a M61 dropin.

Unfortunately there's so much R&D involved in that kind of thing, unless you ONLY do that, it would be massively expensive to branch out. I can see perhaps modlite and Arisaka down the line producing handgun bodies with E series threads or similar for which you could use Malkoff engines!

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
I think an anodized color run is possible with enough interest, would probably need to hit up ALL the forums for that. I will need to consult with the council...
I would be in for a MD2, especially in camo or even like hunter Orange.

but even a seemingly simple request like this could end up costing much more than a regular md2. Especially with all the head and tail combos.

carrot

Flashaholic
I have found the Bodyguard V1 to be a near perfect EDC, paired with something else. I would love to see the Bodyguard in a nicer emitter, say, SST20 4000K?