The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am baffled. It surely does look like the 70 lumens you mentioned.
We are talking about the M61WLL right?

Yes.

And the light is still burning onward. About 1 lumen. Lux reading down to 354 (and steady) from 716 last night. :D If this doesn't proof the Malkoff is an awesome survival light option, I don't know what is.

Paloa

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff Neutral Wildcat are in stock. (now 25). The output numbers have not yet been updated. I look forward to comparing.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Neutral Wildcat are in stock. (now 25). The output numbers have not yet been updated. I look forward to comparing.

Thanks for posting that they're available.

My purchase decision will depend on output, so I guess I'll need to wait for it to be listed.
If it does 1200 lumens.........:hitit:

Grizz

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
I dig my neutral HD enough I didnt need to wait for the output.

I think the difference in HDs from cool to neutral was only like 50lumens right?

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm ordering mines right now. I resisted on the Neutral Hound-Dog, but not this one.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as a comparison, anyone knows what was the color temperature of the warm WC?
This Neutral HD is 4000k right?

The current run of Neutral WC is 4000k. The Neutral Hound Dog that was recently offered was 5000k.

If you have one of the current Oveready runs of Neutral Malkoff XPG2 drop-ins I would expect them to be the same tint. (4000k rating for both).

ZombieBob

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a neutral WC, as I have really started to 'warm' up to neutral lights (bad pun). I thought that the cool WC was just about perfect, so I am rather excited to get a neutral version. Gene sure has a way with getting into my wallet. LOL!

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just broke down too. I'm so broke but it just doesn't make sense not to get this light. There... now I really sound like a flashaholic.

2 left.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here we are at 115 hours and the Malkoff M61WLL is still battery vampiring the two alkaline AA's on direct drive. Down to about .5 lumens. A very usable and bright "moonlight" mode.

Exactly what I see with after some Photoshopping:

2edqrr7.jpg

2udzudw.jpg

I wish this thing would die already so I can begin the Enloop XX test.

Status
Not open for further replies.