The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodhran

Enlightened
Mine has the ring and outdoors it was just fine. With that beautiful white tint and vivid colors, probably due of that tint, I'm more than pleased. I have mine in an MD2.

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, OK! I deliver! Please don't :whoopin: me.

white balanced to 5000K - all pictures have the same exposure.

Standard Malkoff M61:
MT5QX

Malkoff M61HCRI
gxfPa

Malkoff M61 219
nzP79

:D

Craig

Bright_Light

Newly Enlightened
Now that is a thing of beauty Craig.... I might have to get a full power M61 219 to go along with my M61L 219 that's in the mail right now after seeing this.... Thanks for the beamshots!

Max_Power

Enlightened
Looking at the beam shape, the 219 appears to be floodier than the M61, is that what you saw with your eyes, Craig? I see a lot brighter lighting outside the main beam.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Awesome beamshots Craig. Can't wait until I get my M31. Then I'll have to have one of the M61 219's. Awesome color tint. Could'nt have asked for a better beamshot, you nailed it perfectly.

:twothumbs

EDIT: I just placed an order for a Nichia M61 219.

I'm running a K2 LifePO rechargable battery that Surefire sells in my M31N. I've got it in a VME head, and a E1B body. I'm using the Ultrafire WF-138a charger set on the 3.0 setting. They meter 3.39 volts after a charge, and let them set for around 5 minutes they drop to 3.34 volts and stay there. The only thing is I get ~35 minutes of burntime at full output, and then it starts dropping down. But I'm O.K. with that, because there's not that big of a difference in burntime with a regular CR123a. And the K2 is the battery, I plan to use in my M31N. I figured I'd pass this info on. But try it at your own risk.

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
seems like it! the results match my predictions :)

Craig

Craig, I received my M61 219 today (thanks for the speedy shipping, by the way). This thing is...literally...awesome. Just perfect. Unbelievable, at least to my eyes (we don't all see colors the same). It is a very good match with the M61NLLL I got from OR, too, but the perfect color temp on this one literally shines at full power. I just can't say enough. I may order another soon, though I am up to mid-calf height in Malkoff drop-ins now! :D

You guys need to get off your duffs and order one of these things! Just amazing... :)

diesel79

Enlightened
Man those look nice. Im overspent otherwise I would order one, maybe a M31 next month. I was talking with someone else and they had mentioned a VS Wildcat with these Nichia emitters. That would be a sight to see.

Last edited:

Bright_Light

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to let you guys know that I got 4hrs and 22min of FULL output with my M61L 219 using a protected AW17670. Very impressive module!

Thank you Craig and Gene!

Bright_Light

Newly Enlightened
What!? The math... it doesn't work! How is that not some kind of efficiency record?

Hey, you tell me... I know people were getting 3-3 1/2 hours of runtime at full output using a 17670 for regular XP-G M61L. So I don't know... I don't have one of those light spheres to measure lumens, but the output appeared the same to me throughout the entire 4hrs and 22 minutes - it ran in direct drive for 15 minutes after that before I shut her off.

I'd interested if someone else could perfrom this test to confirm my results.

Awesome light with a great tint and beam! The colors are so rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.