Think for a moment. What is your favorite flashlight?

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Armytek Predator Pro 2.5.

Build quality is top notch, love the tight, throw-oriented beam. The UI is great too, completely programmable and flexible but simple in actual use.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
Thrunite Archer 1A V3.

It's a basic tactical style 1AA light, but I love the UI. Also 14500 capable so it has some versatility. All for a budget friendly $30.

We have 2 and I've gifted one. My son uses his as a night light and it has about 8,000 hours run time so far. It's also been dropped countless times and has held up. I also love the ui and mode spacing. Well worth the money.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Second favorite is my M61LL MD2.

LsXAf6gl.jpg

SYZYGY

Enlightened
overall, my most used light is a zebralight H600w Mk IV headlamp. if i could have only one light, it would for sure be a headlamp. hands free light is so important to me.

this is my favorite ZL headlamp overall because of the narrower hotspot (12° vs 17° on, say, H600c/H600d). i use it for task illumination or walking/hiking, not to light up a room, so i'm not really into floody lights. the narrow hotspot lets me get more out of the battery because i can use lower output settings. i usually only care about what's dead center in my field of view and don't care to waste energy lighting up other stuff.

i have other headlamps like petzl nao, but i keep coming back to this H600w because it's less clunky, and i don't care about the adaptive lighting crap. also i hate petzl's proprietary 18650 nonsense.

Favorite daytime EDC: ZL SC62w - Smallish, pocketable, 18650 cell, many different levels.
Favorite nightime EDC: ZL SC600w Mk IV+ - All the above, but I like the beam profile a bit more for reading at night and general use.
Favorite light for accurate color rendering: Solarforce L2P with a triple Nichia 219 dropin - Great color rendering and huge floody beam for lighting up an area.
Favorite light to keep on the night stand: ZL SC700d - Huge output if needed, but also extreme low output for nighttime visits to the bathroom, 21700 cell, good color rendering.
Favorite light for messing around with: Jetbeam RRT01 (modded with triple Nichia 219) - Infinitely variable control that goes lower than seems possible, just plain fun to use.
Favorite around the house fixing stuff light: Skilhunt H03 headlamp - Great when I need both hands free for hooking up TVs, stereos, or just fixing stuff.
Favorite light for the bug-out-bag: ZL SC52w with a AA primary lithium cell installed. AA cells can be found anywhere.
Favorite car light: Husky $10 heavy duty beater light from Home Depot, fitted with 4 x AA primary lithium cells. I have another one in the house that I loan out to people.

Honestly, I couldn't pick a single favorite light because it really does depend on the situation. I enjoy all these lights, and they are indeed my favorite for each listed use.

yep, i have a zebralight sc700d on my nightstand also. LOVE the extremely low output. the large (as far as ZLs go anyways) head is useful for stability too. with it vertically head down, i don't knock it over easily.

i'm eyeing one more zebralight more as an EDC. it'd live in my jacket pocket most of the time. i'm considering buying one of these:

• SC600w Mk IV Plus: just a great light all around. i've used one before and thought it was a tough call between it and SC700d. i mainly bought a SC700d instead because of the low outputs. if SC600w Mk IV Plus had low output like SC700d, i'd buy one in a heartbeat, and it would be my favorite non-headlamp light. but since it would be an EDC light in my jacket, i don't necessarily care about the super low output.
  • SC64c LE: i've also used this and thought it was a nice little light for everyday things. nice tint and CRI.
  • SC64w HI: a nice little pocket thrower.

sigh. decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either one of my two HDS Rotary's. EDC'd / clipped to my belt in it's Kydex holster. Well, I'm down to one at the moment, as the other is at Henry's for a bit of a spa treatment.

Last edited:

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
It varies. But over the last year I'd say my Convoy S2+ (desert tan, NW, 1.4A driver, Biscotti firmware). Its ease of modding / repair (none needed so far), UI, flexibility, beam / tint, and just top notch useful for around-the-house or EDC makes it my go-to light at the moment. Use it almost exclusively with the 18350 battery tube. And cheap enough to not worry if something would happen to it. :thumbsup:

Close 2nd: Olight S15 Baton Ti (high polish version). Nice little light, looks gorgeous, good UI and mode spacing, eats any AA / 14500 battery chemistry you throw at it. If I were dropped on a deserted island & could only bring one light, I might pick that. But with more options for different roles, the S2+ tends to get picked more often.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore P10GT. simple and easy to use. Runs a long time with a NCR18650B. Throws a long way for a straight tube and the power, strobe/mode buttons are both on the tail cap. It's perfect for daily use and weapon companion light.

rlex

Newly Enlightened
I still love my Nitecore SRT3 and SRT7. Their ring interface is the best for everyday use, IMO.