• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN42vn - Reflector Throw King

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TN42vn - Reflector Throw King?

3 weeks ago I would not have doubted Vinh having an auto debit account with your name on it setup for this exact situation. :nana:

Ha Ha. Btw they got it all. It's all gone. But it was fun while it lasted! :)

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sucks to be doing all the test with one sample. OK I quit for today. NO more testing until more samples come in. Which will be a while ...

so sample one with xhp35 HI is done and finished? what really tickles me is that even with a vnx driver, numbers didnt improved...is this a first? at least you were able to increase 300 lumens and 80k lux.
can you tell us what you have in mind with the other samples? dedomed xpg2 and xml pdt? because theres nothing else right? xhp35HI is done tweaking correct?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

so sample one with xhp35 HI is done and finished? what really tickles me is that even with a vnx driver, numbers didnt improved...is this a first? at least you were able to increase 300 lumens and 80k lux.
can you tell us what you have in mind with the other samples? dedomed xpg2 and xml pdt? because theres nothing else right? xhp35HI is done tweaking correct?

Nothing is really done. I still need to test more with XHP35. Hang tight. Let me get more samples in so I can test all side by side. Thats when results are most reliable.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nothing is really done. I still need to test more with XHP35. Hang tight. Let me get more samples in so I can test all side by side. Thats when results are most reliable.

ok thats good news. i still have faith in the xhp35 HI, i really dont want to go xpl or xml2 or xpg2 route. although i would like to hear the results haha!
who knows, the xpl pdt may kick some arse!

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened

I couldn't resist ... I mashed that pre-order button on a NW.

Capolini

Banned

This light looks GREAT. In comparison to my TK61vn V4:

TK61vn V4-Cost $330

~1800L/770Kcd

TN42vn Testing Sample 1-Cost $250
Lumen: 2430
Lux: 782K
Throw: 1770m

The TN42vn has ~ 600 more lumens, basically the same throw, $80 cheaper.

The TK61vn manages heat VERY well and after Vinhs torture test this also does a great job!

Added extra copper heat sinking
This light takes the torture test smoothly
After about 20 minutes light does get hot to the point of recommended throttle down...20 minutes is more impressive than I thought
I am also happy with the current power boost and mode spacing

:)

Output only drop 15% after 20 minutes! That's pretty amazing :)

My eyes couldn't even notice the 15%

VERY GOOD NEWS FOR HIGH OUTPUT FLASHAHOLIC CAPOLINI! The unemployed needs to pull some strings! CAPO and I have a plan! :naughty:

sarahze

Newly Enlightened

2430 lumen can maintain for a long time until the battery almost runs out?

ven

Flashaholic

Sure vinh said about 20m, but if its cooler out it should run till the cells say no more. 20m is pretty awesome at 2400+ lumens.........

The sr52vn is an awesome thrower, can handle the high with no heat issues, now this beast with double the output(and size) for an ultimate thrower package that can be used for long duration's........a must for any throw junkie:D Has capo's name all over this beast:whistle:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

almost 800kcd and only $250. the lux per dollar ratio is very good. time to save up

ven

Flashaholic

Vinhs No's being conservative , would no not be surprised if it does not surpass the 800kcd mark:)

torchsarecool

Enlightened

What is the xhp35 HD? Specifically the HD, is this a smaller die for higher lux? It's very tempting this light but I'd be looking for max lux even if I sacrifice lumens