toronto ont flashaholic gathering !!!!!!!

bright star

Newly Enlightened
Hey all.. just looking to see if anybody wants to put a flashlight gathering together ; maybe on a weekend ... Show off some lights.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
hello :) i have a fiew others interested in a Flashaholic BBQ/Camp weekend for somtime this spring or early summer in the area. ( a fiew from here, and a fiew more from a couple other Flashlight enthusiast Forums)
I live in Tottenham Ontario, not far from Toronto. I had planned the first one last fall but it got side-tracked due to work loads. I was thinking of planning a camp out weekend in the Palgrave Conservation park, and if we could find enough people interested make this a new local event maybe, for Flashlight, Lantern & light enthusiasts.

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
Hey I just saw your post. sounds like a plan, my weekends are pretty :Dmuch open so anytimes are good with us.

sounds good, i have 5 people so far who are interested.
Should i put your name on the contact list for updates ?

below is the plan & some info that i posted so far on another furum:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - So a plan is in place to set up the first Canadian Flashaholics weekend event/meet/Camp.

There are many in the USA and all over the world, (the Photon Festival is in its 21st year in the PA/NJ area.) and as far as i know Canada has not hosted one yet.

There was a lot of interest during 2013 for a BBQ meet, but it did not get set in stone or happen as work got in the way.

After talking to a few people on other flashlight enthusiasts forums, there is alot of local interest from a few members there in this.

I am willing to put some time in arranging to set up this meet/event. ( if any local Ontario volunteers what to pitch in would be greatly appreciated.

This would be a full weekend meet, for flashlight, lantern, EDC enthusiasts in this category we enjoy, for anyone who would like to attend.

I have experience in working with & volunteering in various events pertaining to collectors and enthusiasts, so it is of some help to organize i guess.

This would be likely a camp-out weekend at a conservation area type park, with RVs, tents, etc. ( a Inn/motel is available nearby the conservation park i been surveying)

there would be show-tables to show and discuss our lights, pocket tools, EDCs, pocket knives, collections, etc., A trade/yard sale table, discussions on Flashlights, mods, custom builds, batteries, chargers, etc.

Two nights of Beam-shots competitions , beam-shoots photo sessions, comparos, and so on. There would be Campfires, BBQs, etc.

One are i was surveying for this has an ideal area for this such a event. Right at the camp site spot, there are many great beam-shot objects, including a water-tower exactly 400 meters away for the big powerful thrower beam-shoot competition.

I would personally invest a few bucks into this to supply many items, including an RV for the cooking and lodging up to 7 people, 4 tents for more, tables, modding tools and supplies, and some of the BBQ supplies and breakfast meal supplies for everyone.

Also i would provide a number of give-away lights for free ticket draws, along with i would contact as many manufacturers & suppliers to see if they could donate any items for giveaways and prizes.

I would provide many other items for this too, along with the professional photography equipment, tripods, Laptop for photo editing/copying, and tools required to to do a night Photo beam-shoot/competition.

and yes i will be bringing my close-to 200 lights in my collection to the event.

For those who are not into tents, RVs, or camping, there is a Inn/Motel just up the road from the Conservation area.

- nightly rates as of now per person for the park is $ 4.00 per night, i will foot the cost of the campsite(s) needed.

Another important thing this event would need is a name. One person thought of " Central Canada Lumenatti Meet" ( abbreviated as CCLM.)

So who here on CPF would be interested in a full weekend of of Flashlights, lumens, beam-shoots, BBQs, Campfires, and everything of what we do here on CPF for 2.5 days ?

If we can get at least a minimum of 8 people interested, i will begin work on getting this weekend event off the ground and running.

Also a date/month suggestion would be good to discuss that works best for everyone.

I was thinking of some weekend in June. " - - -

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
Sounds good. I have your name on the last too of contacts & interested people. The more you can round up for this weekend Flashaholic Event the better :)