True cost to run EV like paying $17.33 per gallon if not for $22 billion in government subsidies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
If every gasoline vehicle on the planet was converted to EV, Total carbon footprint would not be effected. Cars do not use that much fuel in comparison to other modes of transportation. EV is a sensible platform for a very small subset of user, in very discreet weather conditions. Consider other fossil fuel consumers. Airplane, train, marine, ocean going ship...Consider other worldwide fossil fuel users that could care less about carbon footprint. Asia, India, Russia...
If you don't drive an EV you have no way of knowing. It is by far the most efficient form of motive power on the planet. Scalable to anything from chainsaws to 50 ton mining trucks. The World Solar Challenge saw 5 passenger cars with a trunk going 1,200 miles on a charge aided by a 1.275kw solar panel. Capable of 45 mph infinitely with no battery in full sunlight.
www.solarteameindhoven.nl

The same team of student engineers have built an RV that toured Europe and an off-road vehicle. There is no limit to what is possible. Every day the electric future is delayed it's 10 billion dollars in the pockets of big oil. Just do the math. Solar panels charging your vehicles and running your house with the possibility of boondocking infinitely off grid, in your electric solar RV, connecting to the world with Starlink. Sky's the limit. No use of fossil fuels. Clean air. Stella family of vehicles over the last decade. https://www.solarteameindhoven.nl/stella-family

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, in the week you've been gone.... Turns out RuPaul is a Flashaholic, and possibly a stealth member of CPF. No clue if he prefers EVs, ICE vehicles, or Starships powered by Nicki Minaj's voice.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
If every gasoline vehicle on the planet was converted to EV, Total carbon footprint would not be effected. Cars do not use that much fuel in comparison to other modes of transportation. EV is a sensible platform for a very small subset of user, in very discreet weather conditions. Consider other fossil fuel consumers. Airplane, train, marine, ocean going ship...Consider other worldwide fossil fuel users that could care less about carbon footprint. Asia, India, Russia..
^^^^^^^ This. Bingo !!!

mrfixitman

Enlightened
People are losing confidence.
Though if Musk doesn't screw up the new compact $25,000 EV coming out next year, or perhaps later on in this one; the company's stock value is likely to improve.
Short sellers are losing confidence because they lost billions.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Article dated March 5, 2024. Newsmax was talking about this last night. The climate freaks have been trying to bury this study since 2022.

I checked Politifact. You have a 1 in 3 chance that a Newsmax story is true.

THE FACTS NEWSLETTER

This is Newsmaxes score by Politifact.

ddc1aec93bef17d23873cc7edbe18be1.jpgddc1aec93bef17d23873cc7edbe18be1.jpg

Newsmax

Newsmax is a conservative magazine and website.
Newsmax's Website

Scorecard

True

0%
0 Checks

Mostly True

33%
1 Checks

Half True

0%
0 Checks

Mostly False

0%
0 Checks

False

66%
2 Checks

Pants on Fire

0%
0 Checks
For more details, see the Principles of PolitiFact

LATEST FACT-CHECKS OF NEWSMAX

Last edited:

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I checked Politifact. You have a 1 in 3 chance that a Newsmax story is true.
It's obvious that you're an obedient little sheep. The fact checkers that you use, including that one, will give you leftist answers every time. Newsmax is WAY more trustworthy than any mainstream corporate media outlet, but I know you will never believe that, because you've bought into the lies and are in too deep, so you have to try to justify it. Most large countries are doing little to nothing about your so called climate emergency. We have way bigger and more immediate problems to deal with.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
It's obvious that you're an obedient little sheep. The fact checkers that you use, including that one, will give you leftist answers every time. Newsmax is WAY more trustworthy than any mainstream corporate media outlet, but I know you will never believe that, because you've bought into the lies and are in too deep, so you have to try to justify it. Most large countries are doing little to nothing about your so called climate emergency. We have way bigger and more immediate problems to deal with.
In November 2021, a study by the Center for Countering Digital Hate described Newsmax as being among "ten fringe publishers" that together were responsible for nearly 70 percent of Facebook user interactions with content that denies climate change.

Also in November 2021, Newsmax White House correspondent Emerald Robinson falsely tweeted that the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine contained luciferase "so that you can be tracked." For these reasons (conspiracy theories) I will not believe anything that comes from Newsmax. Who is the sheep? Not me. In too deep. I have positive results. Maybe I can prove this to you if you had a solar flashlight. Flashlight, batteries and a solar panel. Never need to charge the batteries. Just leave it in the sun during the day. Use at night. I paId $10 for a solar security light years ago. Still working and lights up the front of the house every time someone walks by. Didn't have to lay wire Like the big $29 ones. On top of being cheap I want results. Not the conspiracy theory that windmills cause cancer. I know renewable energy works. I have the proof in my hands. Where is the proof in your hands??? You have none. Just "Theories".

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
I'm not being sarcastic. He might be. No one is operating in the same reality any longer, which makes operating in good faith more important than ever.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

How bad are rubber tires for the environment?

The pollution from your brakes and tires isn't benign, either. Tests by Emissions Analytics, an engineering consulting company based in England, found tires produce about 2,000 times more particle pollution by mass than tailpipes. Although not regulated, those emissions exceed the legal particle limits for exhaust.Jul 9, 2023

Left Wing Media says so... (Article should open in private mode browser...)

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened

How bad are rubber tires for the environment?

The pollution from your brakes and tires isn't benign, either. Tests by Emissions Analytics, an engineering consulting company based in England, found tires produce about 2,000 times more particle pollution by mass than tailpipes. Although not regulated, those emissions exceed the legal particle limits for exhaust.Jul 9, 2023

Left Wing Media says so... (Article should open in private mode browser...)
Yes, I understand tires and breaks produce particulate pollution. Potentially more than tailpipes. Makes sense. But ICEs have tires and brakes too, and the greater question is weather EV mass adoption is a greater long term pollution threat than keeping ICEs.

I'm highly skeptical of what amounts to claim that "Teslas are burning through tires so much faster than Mustangs that it turns out muscle cars are more enviro freindly than EVs." Most of the other claims I've been able to dispatch or grant credibility to. Enough to own satisfaction, anyhow. But this is a novel one to me.

The NY Post article contains blaring logical falacies as to render it worthless. The WaPo article doesn't try to make a comparison, other than to say EVs are heavier, so they probably use more tire rubber. I'd like more.

Edited to elaborate.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's happening in 2035 because ICE spews poison. That is dangerous and immoral. Forced, because it is the only technical way to reach zero emissions.
That you equate ICE emissions with the force of government removing choices, telling us what we can't buy, and what people won't be allowed to make shows exactly where you must be fought, and why. It's your position that is dangerous and immoral.

It is not your, or anyone else's right to save me, or the world at the point of a gun. That's called Dictatorship, and is exactly what you're advocating.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
That you equate ICE emissions with the force of government removing choices, telling us what we can't buy, and what people won't be allowed to make shows exactly where you must be fought, and why. It's your position that is dangerous and immoral.

It is not your, or anyone else's right to save me, or the world at the point of a gun. That's called Dictatorship, and is exactly what you're advocating.
Seems it is the EPA , who forced by congress, is making the rule in conjunction with the politicians in charge. There are rules. We follow rules. Here is a rule. You can't poison people. That is not a dictatorship. That's the adult in the room doing the right thing. Quit crying about it and learn to turn it to your advantage.

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
This whole "point of a gun," dictatorship rhetoric keeps getting thrown around in EV conversations.

I am partial to a self determinate mindset and have an aversion to being told what to do. I don't want an EV unless things change a lot.

But we're talking about no new ICE vehicles being sold in some states in 10+ years.

It's not the same as being marched off to gulags. The bar is quite a bit higher, thank God.

Can we please take it down a notch?

Wdr270

Newly Enlightened
If you don't drive an EV you have no way of knowing. It is by far the most efficient form of motive power on the planet. Scalable to anything from chainsaws to 50 ton mining trucks. The World Solar Challenge saw 5 passenger cars with a trunk going 1,200 miles on a charge aided by a 1.275kw solar panel. Capable of 45 mph infinitely with no battery in full sunlight.
www.solarteameindhoven.nl

The same team of student engineers have built an RV that toured Europe and an off-road vehicle. There is no limit to what is possible. Every day the electric future is delayed it's 10 billion dollars in the pockets of big oil. Just do the math. Solar panels charging your vehicles and running your house with the possibility of boondocking infinitely off grid, in your electric solar RV, connecting to the world with Starlink. Sky's the limit. No use of fossil fuels. Clean air. Stella family of vehicles over the last decade. https://www.solarteameindhoven.nl/stella-family
So how long will it take the batteries to charge on a large mining dump truck? A week? For what amount of runtime? There is still no good substitute for the ICE in applications other than commuting and light duty tasks.

Looking at it from an agricultural business perspective the tech is not there yet. Farmers can't stop and wait hours for tractors or combines to charge. They have too many variables against them already. I'm in a different kind of farming but I don't have time to wait on charging something that won't run all day either.

Status
Not open for further replies.