Used my E1e tonight

bignc

Enlightened
Just picked up (and held) my first ever E1E from the classifieds. It arrived today and it is SO FREAKING tiny. I knew you guys liked it for that reason but I had no idea how small it carries. The MN01 is the throwiest little hotspot I've ever seen- like the spot on a 4d incan mag but in a little package. I ordered some LF bulbs, an LED module and a 2 way clip. Not sure I will go LED but I like options- I think..... The incan beam is really pleasing.... Anyway, thank you all for indirectly talking me into it. I may be looking for more now. Dangit.

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Wish it were even within the realm of possibility that Surefire would return it and its big brother to their current catalog. They created a popular system, and then LEDs got brighter, and then it was assumed all around LED is superior for everything. Seems a shame, I think they had decades more of profit to earn from incan E Series.

bignc

Enlightened
I only bought a couple LF bulbs- planning now to keep the LED in it and keep the Incan bulbs as back-ups. If I am far away from home, it will be nice to have Incan tints if I am in the wild. (I realize, my inner prepper may be showing a little but I have been through some hurricanes and probably read too much dystopian fiction.)

scout24

Flashaholic
Whatever you do, don't pick up a 2xAA body for it to run on alkalines or eneloops if you have to... :) You know, just in case.

Last edited:

bignc

Enlightened
Whatever you do, don't pick up a 2xAA body for it to run on alkalines or eneloops if you have to... :) You know, just in case.

Dude. Why? I thought I only needed batts and bulbs for the rest of my days! I thought, "well,I have three or four nice incans and all my malkoffs.... I am finally done."
Dangit. This is worse than guns.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Okay, I just decided that my poor old E1e is going to do something tonight, well, other than sitting on the nightstand and just getting flashed at the walls every once in a while. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but it will probably see a little bit of car interior, shed and yard searching. And while I'm at it, it may even have some ideas of its own.
In fact, everyone following this thread should make a vow to go do something with their E1e, just to remind them that we still love them, even in their old age. :)

ven

Flashaholic
Sounds like one of Carrot's famous challenges! :)

:laughing: i remember reading ages back something about mr carrot, seems a super cool dude. Not seen any recent post from him, hope he is ok.

88ukSkOl.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Not just the E2L AA bodies, (which I don't own) but I have a 2xAA twisty of unknown origin in my stash. Just a tube with a square bottom, e-series compatible. Ridges on the side, black ano. Might have been VME?

scout24

Flashaholic
Yuppers! That's the one. :) Looks like VME if yours goes with that head. IIRC, I got mine from JSBurley back in the day...

bignc

Enlightened
The e1e rides\rode tonight! May be buying more than 3 lumens factory 3.7v modules. That sucker out throws my M61NL. Pretty neat light for only 40 or so lumens! It will definitely be in my emergency bag and on the camping list with 16340s. and it's currently the smallest light with a tactical type momentary and enough juice to fill that role.

Posted in another thread that the led module was twitchy (may be a seating issue) but I almost don't care because i like the incans so!

Latest posts