Used my E1e tonight

ven

Flashaholic
bignc, although i mainly use the singLED, the incand bulb impresses me the same if not more. Not talking brightness overall as not fair, but as far as beams are concerned(and lovely and warm), its awesome. Its quite a wide reflector yet shallow, seems to focus the hot spot tight with broad gentle spill around.
7gm6p7Yl.jpg

Going to have an incand E1e evening and night tonight

bignc

Enlightened
It is sort of amazing- along the lines of a bumblebee in flight. I am guessing it isn't magic or even that sophisticated (just focusing and a little physics) but I never expect that throw out of anything smaller than a maglite.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
The e1e rides\rode tonight! May be buying more than 3 lumens factory 3.7v modules. That sucker out throws my M61NL. Pretty neat light for only 40 or so lumens! It will definitely be in my emergency bag and on the camping list with 16340s. and it's currently the smallest light with a tactical type momentary and enough juice to fill that role.

Posted in another thread that the led module was twitchy (may be a seating issue) but I almost don't care because i like the incans so!

Ugh. I've been flirting with the idea of some 3.7V incan assemblies but I couldn't pull the trigger. My 61NL is my dog walking and hiking light. The output is fine, maybe even a touch too much, but I've often wished for a wee little bit more throw. I originslly gave up on incan (other than fun lights) when I got sick of spending $3/hour to run them on 123s for EDC use, but now that I've got stables of 16650s and 18650s (and 18500s and......), it really isn't a problem.

EDIT: Alright, ordered. When are we doing incan week challenge? ;-)

bignc

Enlightened
Ugh. I've been flirting with the idea of some 3.7V incan assemblies but I couldn't pull the trigger. My 61NL is my dog walking and hiking light. The output is fine, maybe even a touch too much, but I've often wished for a wee little bit more throw. I originslly gave up on incan (other than fun lights) when I got sick of spending $3/hour to run them on 123s for EDC use, but now that I've got stables of 16650s and 18650s (and 18500s and......), it really isn't a problem.

EDIT: Alright, ordered. When are we doing incan week challenge? ;-)

Nicely done. I still use the M61NL in a vme/16650 as my carry light in conjunction with a carry handgun. But I have the incans (save one) stored away for just in case.
Not to go too nutty but there is speculation that an electromagnetic event could have wide array of impacts on electronic thingies. Some have said incans may be less susceptible and it is easy for me to stash them so....

Plus the e1e user with the l.f. bulb is in my car for that option while
away from home.