Vape Lounge

ven

Flashaholic
. Oh thank you very much! Some room to spread our legs would definitely be very welcome :) I have definitely been missing talking about vaping with more technical people like we find on here.

+1,its awesome of you greta and thank you again,really means a lot:thumbsup:

Thanks Cataract:)

Well as my coils dont go bellow 0.5ohm................as yet:whistle: i have found that the BDs make a great alternative cell for vaping. As 10a rated and 15a pulse,even 35a on 0.5ohm coils get around 9A of cell demand(gets hot within 3 vapes) work out a great choice for run time.

I was finding be it LG 2500 or 25R or 35a efest 2500,i was literally changing cells every 2 hours............yes you read that right.

Same time on the Kbox mod,i still have 3 lights left ,so without working exacts out,i am finding roughly a 1/3 longer run time as my A use is around the 7a.

New 2 cells

I cant wait for the sanyo 10a 3500mah cells,this will make a difference not only in the vape world,but flashlight too,as not many lights
(even vinhs) ask much more than 6.5a per cell(mm15vn as one example) unless a quad single cell light of around 10a...........

Roll on July iirc from what mr gopajti has posted:)

Regards ven

ven

Flashaholic
Just removed my cherry cascade flavour,put my bubble gum in,replaced 1.2ohm with 0.5ohm coil in the Kanger sub,running on 20w seems spot on for my 50/50mix

Not used tank for over a week,so having a change:)

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Left- Nemesis 18350 mechanical w/ Kayfun lite black edition
For size comparison
Right- Reo Grand LP SL 18650 w/ RM2

ven

Flashaholic
:hitit:love it KDM

You know what,yes i love lights and it does pip my interest as ..........well lets just say i spend more time looking at lights than mods etc...........not by a huge amount but enough. I do think what i use the most,by far its mods so can easily justify(in my mind anyway:p) getting $100-$300 mods if need be.

I dont have a flashlight in my hands most of the time unlike a mod,so i do get pretty much as much of a bUzz off seeing vaper bros set ups as i do flashlights. My mah use is probably 90%/10% in ecig mod use............easy............

Its a hobby in itself,some many shiny and customs options...............

Get loads of pics up,more the better,right now i am waiting for this months release of the atlantis mega

Not sure if ok as not flashlight orientated but link here,can pm if requires removing
http://www.aspirecig.com/products/Atlantis/atlantis200.html

Thats my next vape investment or vapement:devil:

I am holding back for now on the vaporshark flask v2 rDNA40 due to cost $400 in UK.............. but it would get used more than any of my more expensive lights!!! Its the double 18650 fed part(and nice design) that is selling it for me................run time run time run time!!!! As a heavy vaper,presume your similar,you will know how quick a good IMR cell gets used up...........

New tank again.......... coming out soon at TW and another quite possible purchase but cant find link or info due to it coming on a product card i threw away:ohgeez: No need to say pics and info of anything bought will be posted by me :laughing:

:thumbsup:

Look forward to other vaper set ups,like minded members,like minded interests in more than one subject,all on an excellent forum........good as it gets imo

:grouphug:

ven

Flashaholic
WOW love it KDM,awesome custom set up.....................i will probably go that route.................just finding time and a free hand as vape top much :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
Check out the new mec mod odyssey from TW ,soon to be out,18650 and stainless.............really looks the part and extra comfy too. One of those bullet proof builds.

I sometimes speak to a lovely young lady called Scarlet from Blackburn UK,have asked for a stainless twin 18650 VV box mod with a potential rDNA40 chip set or similar............That would be awesome!!!

Had a couple of oddy ecigs in my time,and the stainless as we know looks like new,the latest VV has a 5yr guarantee which sold it for me

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Ven, no free hand required though. It is a bottom feed dripper. The bottle that sits inside is connected to tubing, you press the bottle and the liquid feeds to the base of the RDA. This saturates the wick material and the excess liquid returns back to the bottle once pressure is released. The base of the RM2 is ceramic and has a dish shape to it to help the liquid return, also prevents the coil from shorting on the base if it were to accidentally drop down.

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool,how many vapes to a "press" so to speak do you get,just wondering how many times per so many drags.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It all depends on the build, wick, length of draw, etc... Usually two or three. It becomes second nature, about a one second light press is all it takes and your thumb is already there while you're holding it. One other note the spring that the battery sits on is made to collapse in the rare case of a short. That lets the battery drop down and out of the circuit.

ven

Flashaholic
Neat idea,only have 1 mec mod and thats the 26650 hades.

Tried with a few tanks(not tried any sub yet!!! so may give another go) But tanks i tried the IMR direct mec mod was too much and got a burning taste. Just not keen on having a mod thats nor regulated,guess i am just used to having exact V or W every vape............

Big burger too..........some girth on that baby :laughing:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, you definitely have quite a large collection of various devices. The coil building is really rather simple the part that is really trial and error is the wick material. Less is better! Too much and it can't feed properly. I use organic cotton, i boiled, strained, rinsed a bag of if and probably have enough for a life time all for $4.00. Build my micro coils on a drill bit with 28 gauge kanthal wire, I stay between 1-1.2 ohm coil they last forever.

ven

Flashaholic
Cool,i will look into it more!! Will use some of these coils up(must have about 20x0.5ohm for various sub tanks) 1st as i have a feeling once i start i wont go back!!

Will have loads of coils knocking about :laughing:

Can get myself a russian 91 then:D

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven; How is the Xtar charger working for you?

I got the Nitecore i4, which only has LED bars, but I like it a lot! I can charge just about any battery I use either for vaping or flashlights and it is pretty fast for 18650's when compare to the Trustfire WF-139. I now only use the WF-139 for traveling purpose since I wouldn't mind much if anything would happen to it.

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened

Ven, you seem to be the authority on this stuff. Geez, how much have you got invested in all that gear?? I want to follow your lead, since you've done your research, and I really like that Kanger KBOX. I want to do this to quit smoking cigarettes, and I hear some of the cheaper stuff sucks and won't satisfy cigarette cravings at all. I'm hoping to just buy ONE good one. (Do they make these things in titanium?)

Seems like I have a LOT to learn!

ven

Flashaholic
Ven; How is the Xtar charger working for you?

I got the Nitecore i4, which only has LED bars, but I like it a lot! I can charge just about any battery I use either for vaping or flashlights and it is pretty fast for 18650's when compare to the Trustfire WF-139. I now only use the WF-139 for traveling purpose since I wouldn't mind much if anything would happen to it.

Hi there,sorry for late reply as totally missed.

I have an i4 and it served me fine,ok with 2 cells,4 just too slow for me,3400mah would seem to take all day...........literally. So the vp1 and vp2 are excellent chargers,like them both a lot and fee a more "quality" kind of feel regarding build/plastics/bay slides etc. Also the ability of 0.25/0/5 and 1a rates of which the latter i use the most. Certainly noticeable and i have never gone back to the i4 charger. If no need for 4.35 support(more flashlight use really as mods are mainly IMR/INR) then could save a few $ and get the vp1. Displays are nice,like the read outs and serve of use for checking the V of the cell . The reason i have 2 vp's is simply to charge 4x18650 at 1a .......

Since your post i have got a vc4,now only 2x18650 in bay 1+4 at 1a,if use 3+4 these are 0.5a,or if all bays are filled with cells then 0.5a presumably due to heat.........

Its a substantial unit,certainly a nice quality feel as per most Xtar chargers. Not over struck on the dial read out,but its big and bright and shows how much mah from top up V to termination. So for example,slap cell in at 3.6v,then at 4.2v it might show 1246mah(example on 2000mah IMR cell,changes dependent on cell mah which is a variable).

So at around the same $(here in UK anyway) its a good option,the vp2 imo pips it for the extra 4.35v support and 0.25a charge rate department,but the 4 bays,NiMH support evens the odds out..........
Comes with travel bag and thick USB cable,so requires either a USB plug(apple etc) or computer,ideal for travel !

Size comp between the vp1 and vp2

Again the mah count only starts from the start of charge,so for example if put cell in at 4.0v or 3.7v etc,it always counts form 0

Still i like the bars and actual read out like 3.79v as apposed to looking at a dial and seeing it at 3.8v(if makes sense,only reads to the 0.1v instead of 0.01v),think its what i have had a while of knowing nothing but!!

The charger has been used constant since got though mail,pretty much permanently(other than over night) and its a good charger:)

ven

Flashaholic
Ven, you seem to be the authority on this stuff. Geez, how much have you got invested in all that gear?? I want to follow your lead, since you've done your research, and I really like that Kanger KBOX. I want to do this to quit smoking cigarettes, and I hear some of the cheaper stuff sucks and won't satisfy cigarette cravings at all. I'm hoping to just buy ONE good one. (Do they make these things in titanium?)

Seems like I have a LOT to learn!

Would not go that far :laughing: maybe i just get nothing right the 1st time and takes me ages :laughing:

Kbox is a cheap,up to now reliable unit but not in same league as say a vaporshark rDNA40............ Its kind of (for me anyway) a beater type of mod,for work,nipping out,it it falls and breaks............no deal. In uk it cost £23 delivered with voucher,the rDNA was £150...........big difference if one gets dropped.

Titanium nope,however there are ti mods,ones seen have been £500+ in UK so $750 ish:huh: forget that :laughing:

Not smoked since Jan 2013,this "vape" is what stopped me for sure,not the poor electric ones that glow and take cartridges etc.

Kbox is certainly not a bad start,it is designed more for sub ohm use(for their specific tank). Works well though with any tank,no need for sub ohm tank use and may find a little harsh at 1st or some getting used to. However there are + to it,can lower nic levels to get same "hit" also better flavour from sub ohm............rest is as far as you want to go,it can certainly get addictive in its own way,mods,tanks,coils etc etc .

For a nice vape,not too harsh and smooth, i like the delta 2 tank with any mod,other tank i use the most is the aspire atlantis with 5ml tank upgrade. However the v2 is out,soon the atlantis mega with more variable air control.

My advice if any local would be go in a vape shop and try out some mods or tanks along with flavours. I went deliberately away from tobacco flavours so no reminders of cigs...........what ever works for you basically .

If out of the mods right now i had to say my fav,then the vaporshark,however may be expensive on a mod if it is potentially not going to work for you,so Kbox would make better sense to start off with. Its basic,it works...........nice feel in hand,eats 18650 IMR/INR cells and has a floating pin(little pin inside that connects to tank is spring loaded,this makes sure it contacts the tank base). Then if happy and works,you will probably find you will end up getting more mods/tanks etc to rotate and as back up......hopefully no looking back :)

Edit- Of course the fluid plays an important part,right nic content,if heavy smoker dont start low!!! Look at making your own,its really easy and can custom the vape to your wants/needs. If later down the road,just make sure you buy decent branded juice. Not sure your way what is great,sure some excellent ones available. I like the pre-made patriot range by TW,they now have an new odyssey range with VG base(smoother).

May try it just for sake of,however i prefer now my own fluid...........by a long long way

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The Provari v3 do a nice ti version,check it out:thumbsup: Not a box mod though(if important),still a very nice hefty bit of mod that gives a feel of confidence i am yet to get from any other mod!!(i had the v2.5,could not sub ohm on it though)

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
The Provari v3 do a nice ti version,check it out:thumbsup: Not a box mod though(if important),still a very nice hefty bit of mod that gives a feel of confidence i am yet to get from any other mod!!(i had the v2.5,could not sub ohm on it though)

Thanks for your advice! I decided to go with the Kanger KBOX, because it matches my ring! :candle:

I plan on fully stopping cigarettes with this, as I'm skipping all the "beginner" and "starter" rigs, and jumping head first into the box mod. I can't wait to THROW AWAY my ashtrays, and stop carrying a lighter.

I totally copied your rig I quoted above and went with the "Sub Ohm" Kanger SubTank Plus! I plan to run it at 0.5Ω with 6mg nicotine at first, then ween the nicotine intake by increasing the resistance up to 1.2Ω - to absorb a bit less of that nasty drug.

I spent about $100 and that includes enough juice to hopefully last a month, which ends up being less expensive than the money I'd have spent on cigarettes, so even just starting out I'm saving money. I'm insanely stoked on this, and wonder why it's taken me so long (because I've only tried the "BLUE" disposables and hated them) to convert.

I'll be researching DIY'ing my own juice next. This is an exciting journey, and my new rig LOOKS hellacool! Thanks again, for all your help!