• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Haiku High CRI

ibcj

Enlightened
does don usually include a cr123 with his lights? because mine didnt come with one.

No he does not supply a CR123 with his lights. At one time he did, but when USPS announced new shipping restrictions several years ago, he stopped including them.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
No he does not supply a CR123 with his lights. At one time he did, but when USPS announced new shipping restrictions several years ago, he stopped including them.
What's the regulation? How did Surefire and 4Sevens get away with it?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if the lithium batts are properly packaged it should not be a problem for USPS. Example would be like having it pre-installed in the flashlights. But I may be wrong. SingPost in Singapore don't entertain lithium batteries at all even when it is properly packaged.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would probably be OK but there's no point risking the delivery of a $450 flashlight for the sake of a $2 battery.

Last edited:

Shooter21

Enlightened
will we ever see an led with a CRI rating of 100? that would be awesome in the sundrop

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess what just arrived in the mail? :naughty:

mcgizmo3.jpg

mcgizmo5.jpg

mcgizmo2.jpg

My very first McGizmo, a High CRI Haiku!

There are hundreds of threads dedicated to this light so I won't wax eloquently about it too much, but I will say that it's a bit smaller than I expected, a lot lighter, and puts out quite a few more lumens than I was anticipating. The Nichia 119 LED is bang on - it's exactly what I've always wanted out of a neutral light.

Gorgeous titanium with a distinctive styling wrapped around one of the nicest light engines I've had the pleasure of using means this light finds itself at the top of my EDC list - no small feat!

I love it, thanks very much Don!

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure you will be finding uses for it even when there's no need for use of a flashlight. I do that with my Haiku all the time. Hope you love it!

Filip

Newly Enlightened
Hi Don,

Are HCRI Haiku still available and is there a reasonable chance they will be available in January 2012? (I need to sell some of my flashlights to get finances. And I don't want my potential Haiku to undergo the Christmas postoffice madness since this flashlight would have to travel half the world to me).

(My 2 e-mails I sent you in last couple of days may have ended in your spam box...)

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Filip,
I checked and nothing in my spam box as well as regular inbox?!?! THe High CRI Haiku are still available and I foresee no problem having them available in January or the months to come.

jnug

Newly Enlightened
Don,

This might be the wrong place to post this but wondering if there are XP-G neutral's available. I saw the post discontinuing the warm but did not know if that also meant that there were no XP-G's at all.

Can you briefly identify how I should think about the difference between the high CRI and an XP-G.

Thanks

jnug

nbp

Flashaholic
Cool XP-Gs are still available.

I'd look for run4jc's beamshots thread. He's got the various iterations of the Haiku for comparison, very good stuff.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a rule of thumb, snowy arears fare better with warmer leds. Tropical climate fare better with cool or neutral whites.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'd say that a better rule of thumb is that it depends on the preferences of the user. As someone who enjoys the cool, floody tint from my Titan and Ion on the snow and by far prefer warmer tints with greenery, I'd say it's always best to avoid generalizations - except of course, the generalization I just made, since it simply counters the ones which try to decide for other what they themselves are best qualified to do.

fyrstormer

Banned
To my eyes, neutral-tint and warm-tint LEDs make foliage look dry and dead. The only exception is a Hi-CRI LED, because it doesn't neglect the green and blue portions of the spectrum.