What Are YOU Planning Or Buying/Ordering On Black Friday And/Or Cyber Monday?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Nothing. I'm really like magnetic infinite adjustment ui format and it seems to have disappeared. I don't like multiple click formats and I like to know output level before I turn on the light. I wish more lights were built like my tc-r2.

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Well... none of the items I wanted was on sale :( So, I picked up a pair of Nitecore TIP's, one with the high CRI Nichia 219B for myself, and one with the XP-G2 for my mom.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Did not plan on buying anything but Amazon posted a good (seems to me) price on a Rofis TR20 so I pulled the trigger.
I'd been looking at it for some time....

Lateck,

Beckler

Enlightened
Nothing. I'm really like magnetic infinite adjustment ui format and it seems to have disappeared. I don't like multiple click formats and I like to know output level before I turn on the light. I wish more lights were built like my tc-r2.

Much agreed (tho i will get an Olight S mini :D) Jetbeam RRT is still around for inf. adjust ring. Yes, single button interface is horrible. Partly because there is no standard and so it means most flashlight operation is non-intuitive assuming you own several. This is ridiculous.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My father in law enjoyed his black friday priced Coast HP7 I gave him last Christmas so much I bought him a twin pack of those Mag ML25's for this one. Then this coming spring if they have another storm like last year he'll have 3 lights to see by until the power returns.

Last edited:

tbarb169

Newly Enlightened
Picked up the Olight H1 headlamp. Took it for a night walk withe the dogs and it worked great!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
How about the 1 year ago bump?

I'll be doing something Maglite related from Z Battery since they already have good prices and for BF shipping is $5. Probably an ML50XL and some anti-roll rings for the classics.

Last edited:

ToddM

Enlightened
Nothing exciting this year so far, still trying to get through the rayovac batteries from HD, and energizer lithiums from battery junction sales previous years. Home Depot and Lowes both have some pretty good battery deals, but not as good as previous years. Last couple years HD had 30 AA and 30 AAA in a 2 pack for $10 or 60 AA/AAA or 12 9v for $10. This year it looks like HD has 30 AA and 24 AAA for $10, and Lowes has 30 AA/AAA packs for $6 each. Haven't see too much exciting in flashlights this year.

Calphalon put some $0.00 items (I assume accidentally) up earlier today, their website is still listed as down for maintenance.

Bestbuy had some good sandisk SD and Micro SD card deals $30 for 128gb of each type. I see Amazon has a 500gb Sandisk SSD portable drive for $150

HD has gorilla's 22ft multi-position ladder for $99

There's some ridiculous ammo deals combined with rebates.

I bet Surefire doesn't make the same mistake they made last year! Though I bet they still made tons of $ on it, and got product into people's hands that would never pay their retail prices.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Rechargeable batteries. I usually retire and recycle batteries every 3 or 5 years: meaning, I date and use Chinese made cells for 3 years and I use Japan made (Eneloop) ones for 5 years.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Bestbuy had some good sandisk SD and Micro SD card deals $30 for 128gb of each type.

Black Friday is the only time I buy SD cards, the prices never go lower. B&H has already started their Black Friday sale, there's a small pile of SD and Micro cards there, looks like 256GB is going to nudge the $100 mark this year.

ToddM

Enlightened
Yep same here, not sure why but this is always the best time to buy memory cards. I've seen the 200gb cards for $50 today as well. I never like stepping up more than the memory/price jump suggests. For example if I can buy 128gb cards for $30 I won't pay more than $60 for 256's. That keeps me from paying the premium they charge for the largest cards, and usually those are still more than large enough for my needs.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Money is really tight this year but I managed to get a couple 30 AAA Rayovac packs from Home Depot ($5.49 each), a 36 AAA Rayovac pack from Lowes for $6 (was a better deal), a Costco Eneloop pack with 6AAs, 4AAAs, the C and D adapters, case, and charger with USB charging port ($20). I was a little disappointed that the Eneloop kit had 2 less AAs than before, but it's not bad for a gift to family members who are now fed up with oozing alkalines ruining all their devices. I also got 2 of the 3 C 3 l.e.d. 1000 lumen Defiant lights from Home Depot ($13 each). I was really impressed with the brightness. It beat my 1300 lumen Bushnell rechargeable light and seemed on par with the 1500 lumen setting on a Nitecore Tiny Monster. Drains 3 AA eneloops in the C adapters in under an hour (Not bad to get around 1500 lumens with 3 AAs.).

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a Fenix FD65 on sale from battery junction. Been eyeing that light for a while and finally its affordable!
Also ordered a Olight sr mini intimidator as well.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Klarus P20 is waiting for me at home. It will compete with with my Nitecore MT06MD for shirt pocket space.