What knife/knives do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulong

Newly Enlightened
I carry a John W. Smith. It's basically his RC-1 with a few extras...wish I could post a pic for you.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a Scott Cook Lochsa?
lochsa1c.jpeg

3232case.jpg

I'd love to hear about it.

-john

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wegner Mouse or a Kershaw Leek. I missed out on a Wegner Jr. plain blade.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by BigHonu:
Mayo TNT

Aloha
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was about a week from ordering one when Tom said "No More Orders"

AAARRRGGGHHHH I wanted a Medium Ambi - I refuse to pay the price they are going for now!

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Gerber LST. "If I'm going to have a weapon that costs over a hundred dollars, I fully expect bullets to shoot out of it."

Seriously, to me a knife is just a tool. I've been carrying the LST for years, have a spare or two, use it for everything from opening boxes, to eating, to doing electrical work. To me, at $20 and under 1.5 oz, it's a deal.

Tomas

Banned
Larger: 1967 Buck 110 that I carried/used in Viet Nam.

Smaller: Misc. Gerber locking folder.

I tend to agree with Albany Tom that a knife is first a tool. It may also be a work of art, but I'm not a collector.

As to carry weapons: Mine DO shoot bullets.

tomsig01.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Kershaw Boa 1850ST black combo edge. Love that knife. Ergonomics are outstanding, and the trigger mechanism is VERY cool...

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Originally posted by Albany Tom:
Gerber LST. "If I'm going to have a weapon that costs over a hundred dollars, I fully expect bullets to shoot out of it."

Seriously, to me a knife is just a tool. I've been carrying the LST for years, have a spare or two, use it for everything from opening boxes, to eating, to doing electrical work. To me, at $20 and under 1.5 oz, it's a deal.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tom,
So are flashlights!!
I'm serious - I'd put the LST in the Rayovac category (Yes, I have a couple of LSTs laying around - they are what I hand out instead of my good knife)

Replace everything you said about a knife with the word "flashlight" and you get the idea

I'd sum it up this way

Buck Knives - Ma*lite
Spyderoco - Surefire
William Henry - Arc AAA
Customs - Custom Lights - McLux - Badboy etc

I'll sum my 3 custom knives up this way (%reason for extra cost)

1)DC Munroe "Chimera" - higher functionality than any factory knife then available (See Talonite blade) 90%, and liiks 10%

2)Jeff Hall Custom - 10% Functionality (SMOOTH) and 90% looks

3)Fixed blade Hunter - this one is "interesting" - when I bought it, it was for 100% functionality - I could NOT find a knife with the blade length/shape I wanted - Dad has a hunting knife I wanted duplicated. When I got it, I was a bit cash flush, so I sent it out to be engraved - the engraving cost 3x what the knife did!!! I still use it in the field, but boy is it NICE to look at

knife.jpg

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I have several knives. My normal EDC is a Benchmade Ares, But I do like to carry Ken Onion knives with the speed safe. A lot of the time I carry both.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never got totally into knives although I do know some about them. And looking at the prices, whew, glad I didin't. I treat my knives as tools. Its like with my guns, some I won't carry because they are too valuable to me. My EDC blades are a Spydeco Dragonfly, which I noticed member #581 carries also. Seems they don't produce them any
A Cold Steel Mini-Pal. I also have a Utili-Tool [it has a blade, does that count?] and an Allied Multi tool that a friend gave me for Xmas. I keep that in the briefcase. I'm maybe looking to get a straight edge knife similar in dimensions [and price] to the Dragonfly as I've always had an affinity to straight edge as opposed to serrated. I just feel that the straight edge gives me better control of the cutting than a serrated does, but that Spydeco is good quality and so light I forget its there. Click my link to see them. The Mini-Pal is mainly a self defence back up role.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I usually carry a Greg Lightfoot Max Velocity, and that is usually backed up by a strider GB that I carry in my waist band at the rear.

I have however just discovered Emerson and am thinking of replacing the Lightfoot with a recently acquired mini-commander.

Sometimes I will put the Lightfoot on my weak side and carry an Emerson super commander on my strong side, depending on where I'm going.

I then also carry a New Sun ELP that has a Leatherman wave and a Benchmade 690 in, along with some other bits. slightly off topic but, if you haven't come across the New Sun ELP (Expedition Liberty Pouch) then take a look, if you hang out on this site you could probably put one of these to great use!!!

Tim

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
2000 EKI commander, Gerber multiplier, leatherman micra on my keys along with a spyderco cricket in the center console of the truck.

hokiefritz

Newly Enlightened
Just started carrying a Camillus CUDA "EDC" with a D2 blade. It's a very smooth opening little knife, but a little trickier to close.

I've had a Leatherman Squirt on my keyring since they came out and I've found it very handy. Much better than the Micra that used to live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.