What knife/knives do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddM

Enlightened
My EDC is usually a Emerson first generation Commander, or a benchmade 975sbt. The commander so far has been my current favorite it's taken abuse a knife just shouldn't.

Climbing I always have a spyderco endura fully serrated, cause you never know when you'll have to cut a rope and cut it NOW and for that a sharp fully serrated blade is tops.

However Microtech, Reeve Sebenza, strider, and many of the custom offerings are super for EDC. Of those my favorite I think would be the Sebenza or the stiders.

Spyderco though is a great knife for the money. Since many of their offerings can be ordered under $50 their performance goes far beyond their low cost.

Benchmade makes a nice knife as well but as of late they haven't made anything that really impresses me design/looks wise.

Then again I keep telling myself I'm going to start carrying a 3.5-4" fixed blade for EDC but I just haven't yet. The convience of a folder is nice, but I like the strength of the fixed blade.

logical

Newly Enlightened
Currently a Kershaw Ken Onion Black Chive on the keychain. A SOG Titanium Vision clipped in pocket if I'm in jeans or a Benchmade Park Avenue inside the pocket if I'm in a suit and tie.

I don't see any of them as weapons except as last resort. Frankly, I'd probably feel better armed with my 5D cell Brinkmann loaded with 5 dead HD Ray-0-Vacs than I would with a knife. I am just plain not trained in using a knife but I'm sure others are and feel differently.

I carry a gun if I feel the slightest need for protection and train with it regularly. Fortunately, I live in a state where a law-abiding citizen can do so legally.

JackBlades

Enlightened
Hey Shannon, you made it over!
Welcome to the CPF.
smile.gif

Jack

TOB9595

Enlightened
Spyderco Delica Have had this for years. Clipped on right front pocket. Great edc, and Leatherman Wave on belt jeans or sport jacket wear. or in breifcase if I have to have a suit and my jacket may have to come off. Wouldn't be without either one.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Second the Microtech LCC D/A. Just ordered one, hoping to 'sign for/unwrap/handle/worship' it tomorrow!! Woohoo!!

For now, my Kershaw Boa still has the duty.

Bill.H

Enlightened
In my left pocket with my Arc AAA is my Kershaw Onion Random Task (LH model), a nice workhorse. When I'm dressed up it's an old but loveable (despite the crap steel it's made of since it sharpens easily) CRKT Mirage Gray Ghost Wharncliffe with the clip removed (to make it lefty-friendly).

I'd like to try the D2 EDC, but there's no lefty version and Camillus has said they're not going to make one
frown.gif
So I'm considering the Benchmade Osborne Switchback (ToddM - look at this, it might make you change your mind about Benchmade; it's the first one I've considered)

My AG Russell D2 Arclite (neck) is always within reach and sharper than most razors since I modded it a bit - stays sharp too. Good steel.

I think I'm about to give up on stainless steel for working knives, they just can't compare to a good tool steel.

I've tried the Micra, SOG Crosscut, and Schrade Tough Chip for my other pocket, and I think the Crosscut is the best of the bunch, followed by the Micra. I'll have to check out the Squirt (thanks, hokiefritz) since I still haven't found a minitool I really like.

Al

Enlightened
Have a variety of knives to pretty to beat up ($$$). For hard use (electrician): S&W Swat ... 440C blade. For non-work days light duty: Gerber Easy Out. Both IMHO very good for the $.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I love my Mad Dog Rat Thing with 3/16" stock and Thin Grip. Mad Dogs are harder than hell to find, because once you buy one, you don't usually let it go.....

mad_do4.JPG

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
I have a SOG X-Ray Vision fullsize, and I love it. It always sparks up conversation when I use it. People who use it love it too..

Nathan S

Newly Enlightened
I never leave the house without a Sebenza (either large or small, depending on where I'm going) and a multitool (normally a Leatherman Juice) or an SAK (normally a Victorinox Handyman).

Other knives in my EDC rotation are: Spyderco Harpy; Benchmade 710; Benchmade 940. I have lots of other knives, too, but these are the ones I most frequently carry.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just got my new EDC today. It's a Microtech LCC D/A, black everything, CS scales, and ITS BEAUTIFUL 8O
It's ridiculously sharp, locks up like a submarine hatch, and has already provided me with amusement from two mystified friends trying to figure out it's 'magic trick.' Boy, what I heard about that leaf spring is no joke. It opens with intensity!

hokiefritz

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Microtech LCC D/A as well. That black one looks real nice I'd bet. I have to agree that the blade comes extremely sharp. Pulling this thing out to cut box ties, etc. in my office might scare some of my fellow cubical dwellers so I think I better stick with my Cuda EDC at work.
smile.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
My EDC is a Benchmade 705BT. I can't get over the fact that the blade is only 2.95" and the handle is 3.8"...but it's got a full sized Axis Lock and feels rock solid. I hardly notice it's sitting in my pocket, and I know it can handle anything thrown at it.

I've also got the 705 Forum Knife in M2 steel.. but I'm waiting for Benchmade to produce a 705 in S30V. Can ya hear me Benchmade? Make the 705S30V real!
grin.gif

fasteddie

Enlightened
Here's my current selection of EDCs. I usually carry a quick opener on a pocket clip, and a slip joint for when I need to use a knife for small tasks in the presence of sheeple.

Pocket clips:
Munroe Chimera Elite (Charles Gallo, great choice)
Mayo TNT (Charles, you should get one, email me when you are ready)
Terzuola Mk1
Lightfoot LCC
Tighe Pan Stellite (my single favorite large knife)
Chew Covert Spitfire
Ralph 4in Maxx
Mayonized small sebenza
Hall SSJ Damascus
Slip Joints:
Stockman from: Browne, Shadley, Simons
Pen knives s from: Kious, Shadley, Case
Whittlers from: Ruple, Browne
Dressy stuff: Terzuola in gold, damascus, and tortoise; Reese Bose whittler, Reese Bose stockman, medium Mayo damascus TNT

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
The knife below is my brother's knife. I bought him this for Christmas. I think it's a DAMN good knife for 30 bucks. I don't know how it compares to other knives though. The sharpness is OK...but could be better. I would like to get one for myself, but considering my first EDC flashlight purchase was a Surefire E2, i think i'll keep searching for my first "perfect" EDC knife.

Can anyone recommend a knife that "looks" like this but is under, or close to $100? I like the black and i DEFINATELY like the versatility of a combo edge. The knife below is a small knife, it has a 2.5" blade. I didn't know what the legal blade length was for California at the time, so i passed on the larger 3.7" model and went for the 2.5. I like it, i think i would prefer a small knife for EDC. I wouldn't see why i would need a longer blade.

Here's the Picture: The light is mine.
grin.gif

fca89e65.jpg

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Take a look at the a Benchmade 705 if you want a knife that is comparable in quality to your Surefire.

Status
Not open for further replies.