What LED flashlight is sitting on your nightstand?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nightstand flashlights were out of vogue from 09-07-2011, 09:02 PM through 12-18-2014, 05:59 PM? :shrug:
Nightstand flashlights were out of vogue from 03-22-15 through 07-20-17? :shrug:

My current nightstand light is the Acebeam X45vn, 25,000 lumens. Aim at ceiling and click and the whole room is dazzling white. I have other lights on my nightstand, but this one is King.
P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head, 4,300 lumens is my Nightstand Queen.

----------------
I carry my EDC every day.

desmobob

Enlightened
On my nightstand is an old Surefire 6P with a Cree LED drop-in and an even older Streamlight 4-AA plastic light... the Surefire is the "bump in the night" light and the old Streamlight is for general "I need a flashlight" use.

Take it easy,
Bob

I'm kind of glad that Richbuff awakened this old thread. Times have changed and new lights have hit the scene. My old Surefire 6P w/Cree LED drop-in has been gifted and I don't even know where the old Streamlight is. My nightstand light these days is a Fenix UC35. If I experience serious trouble and need a sudden, bright flash of light, my Smith & Wesson Model 66 is close by as well. ;)

But when I'm traveling, I always have another nightstand light: either an Armytek Wizard Pro or Tiara Pro headlamp. I love the moonlight setting on these when I'm sleeping away from home; they're traveling nightlights! They also are great hands-free emergency lights if I ever have to find my way out of an unfamiliar place in the dark.

Take it easy,
Bob

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Maglite 2AAA modded with the Ultra High 95CRI Yuji LED.

At less than 10 lumens its perfect to navigate around without disturbing anyone else...

Rafael Jimenez

Enlightened
HDS rotary.
Malkoff Hound dog.
Varapower turbo 2
Varapower 2000
Malkoff MD2.

I just realized that I have a bunch of lights. I have a few others in different places.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still my electro lumens 3D Blaster,
Modded xml. Bright and heavy!

ven

Flashaholic
It varies for me to, sometimes it can get busy!................... when you grab a light in the night it can be like a lucky dip

Coffee tables can become littered to

sandalian

Enlightened
I put a Convoy L6 next to my bed, as well as this Manker E14 with custom lighted tailcap as "locator" in the dark.

2ymbtlj.jpg

I also put EagleEye X6 at my daughter room with lighted tailcap as above but in blue color.

Rob13v

Newly Enlightened
I usually have a Streamlight Microstream nearby, but on my SO's side I've placed a Bushnell 350 lumen tac light. We also have a few Surefires by the back door and garage door.

bkb

Newly Enlightened
I've had a lot of different lights on my nightstand over the years but right now it's my Zebralight sc600 lll HI .

Minimoog

Enlightened
I have tried MANY over the years and never settled on one as long as my Ever Ready (mahogany wood) household lamp. Hits the spot in so many areas:

Stands upright
Lays on its back for ceiling bounce
Has a handle to carry it
Won't roll away / knock over
Beam is wide with soft hotspot, lights the whole room
Not too bright - but enough to see everything without hurting your eyes
Switch is easy to use in pitch black - find the handle and feel below this
Runs on AA (I added a regulator and AA battery holder)
Looks nice on the bedside
Plus dreaming of what it has lit up in its 100 years on Earth helps make for pleasant dreams!

Can't ask for more really...

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my t6vn fiat lux for cooking squirrels in the tree outside my bedroom window (they've been jumping on the screen to get in...again). I have my sc32 and h502 for when I wake up at 3:45 am to get ready for work, but I always knock those over and have reach for one of the olights I have there : m20, m22, m23, m2xs-ut, and m3x (? It's long and uses 2, 18650's). I also have a tiara, wizard pro and an olight headlight with the external battery pack whose model number always escapes me. There's a zombie green (remember before zombies it was parrot green?) cerakote u21vn, for reaching the far corners of the room (it's actually the smallest bedroom, the kids need the big room for their toys) and the tn36ut that I just scored for $30 with 3400 mah batteries AND thrunite charger off Craigslist. I use that when the wifey won't shut off the tv so I tell her I'm going to read with my book light

I forgot the convoy s2 that I had turned into a direct drive one mode 18350, my manker pl10

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
It varies for me to, sometimes it can get busy!................... when you grab a light in the night it can be like a lucky dip

Mind = Blown. Your coffee table is torchaholic ecstasy.

Lately, my Malkoff Wildcat v6 has been my night stand light. The low beam is not torture on dark adapted vision, but I can flood a room with light on high beam if necessary.